Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs to crows is 100% happening.

I've got exceptionally good mail on this.

So have we on the Carlton board. Still, it is delicate what SOS is chasing so best to wait and see.

Its interesting, both parties saying nothing is happening but it keeps resurfacing.
Who is running with it?
Tbh I think it's quite obvious. Adelaide doesn't want to chase gibbs cause carlton will ask for a premium and carlton don't want to offer gibbs up cause it will lower his value, but Adelaide still want him and when asked privately ( off the record) they confirm their interest, the blues want to trade him and privately they confirm this intention and cycle continues.

The problem is both clubs are coming from a position of need. Yet neither want to make the first move. Carlton need to trade gibbs to complete the Kennedy deal and Adelaide need gibbs to complete the cameron deal. The cameron deal needs to be completed because the cameron camp made things too public and carlton need to complete the Kennedy deal because they made a commitment to him.

Edit: Adelaide should engage brisbane to negotiate a 3 way trade with picks and players, then both clubs save face and all deals get completed

Tbh I think it's quite obvious. Adelaide doesn't want to chase gibbs cause carlton will ask for a premium and carlton don't want to offer gibbs up cause it will lower his value, but Adelaide still want him and when asked privately ( off the record) they confirm their interest, the blues want to trade him and privately they confirm this intention and cycle continues.

The problem is both clubs are coming from a position of need. Carlton need to trade gibbs to complete the Kennedy deal and Adelaide need gibbs to complete the cameron deal. The cameron deal needs to be completed because the cameron camp made things too public and carlton need to complete the Kennedy deal because they made a commitment to him.

You are right about what is happening behind closed doors but we don't need to trade Gibbs to get Kennedy.

The problem is both clubs are coming from a position of need. Yet neither want to make the first move. Carlton need to trade gibbs to complete the Kennedy deal and Adelaide need gibbs to complete the cameron deal. The cameron deal needs to be completed because the cameron camp made things too public and carlton need to complete the Kennedy deal because they made a commitment to him.

Edit: Adelaide should engage brisbane to negotiate a 3 way trade with picks and players, then both clubs save face and all deals get completed

Sure no problem - two first round picks for Gibbs and pick 40

You are right about what is happening behind closed doors but we don't need to trade Gibbs to get Kennedy.
The fact that Kennedy nominated you a while before the trade period started and it's 48 hrs before it closes and deal hasn't been done suggests otherwise, but I am not here to argue. If it can be done without gibbs then so be it, I come in peace, it is just an opinion

The fact that Kennedy nominated you a while before the trade period started and it's 48 hrs before it closes and deal hasn't been done suggests otherwise, but I am not here to argue. If it can be done without gibbs then so be it, I come in peace, it is just an opinion

Our 2018 2nd is sitting there. We don't want to give it up but it is there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 2018 2nd is sitting there. We don't want to give it up but it is there.
Fair enough, but as you said if carlton wanted to use it the deal would have been done by now, but you are right they certainly can offer that if nothing else presents and would be more than fair for Kennedy.

I must admit I was surprised when it popped up on our board 10 + 16 has been offered. They really must not rate this draft or something on our end was left out like a 2018 2nd or 3rd.

Be interesting to see what happens now.

I think they are attempting the 3-way at the moment.
You know its silly season when reports surface that the crows want Zorko for Cameron lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back