Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton should be asking a min of 2 1st round picks for Gibbs considering they don't have a replacement for him.

Time for clubs to play hard ball with adelaide given there stance about C Cameron

What? Where is this pick coming from?
i think the meat of the trade will be Gibbs and the hawks 2nd round next year for Adelaides picks 10 and 16 this year.
the veg and potato I'm still unsure of but assuming the hawks will get a 3rd rounder next year back...

Carlton helped the hawks get O'Meara last year so we owe you one, this will be the one we owe you :)

really hope carlton holds firm and really bends over adelaide! they wanna cry and carry on about players like lever/cameron, but when the shoe is on the other foot its all fair play. Get 'em blues!!!!!

Carlton should be asking a min of 2 1st round picks for Gibbs considering they don't have a replacement for him.

Time for clubs to play hard ball with adelaide given there stance about C Cameron

Pfffffffffff
absolute moron.

Unlike you who just overpay for every recruit.
Motlop 600k BAHAHHA

really hope carlton holds firm and really bends over adelaide! they wanna cry and carry on about players like lever/cameron, but when the shoe is on the other foot its all fair play. Get 'em blues!!!!!

Oh dear who opened the gate to the campaigner farm.
Lever dogged the club, I dont remember you being all rosey and nice about Deledio deciding to piss off?

You think that 3-4 years of Quality Gibbs isn’t worth 2 first rounders, but 8-9 years of Mediocre Cameron is? Vintage.

Ah we're not asking for 2 first rounders for Cameron.
We're asking for something we can use next year, not a pick (and definitely not Zorko).
Although I dont think brisbane have anything to offer that fits, so will likely have to accept a pick. Wont be so bad if we manage to get Gibbs.

2 first rounders is Adam Treloar value (better player and what 6 years younger).
That is why we're likely getting Carlton's 2018 2nd back (20-25 you would think)

I love it how Carlton playing hardball with Gibbs is commended, but Adelaide playing hardball with Cameron is frowned upon.

We're asking for something we can use next year, not a pick (and definitely not Zorko).
Although I dont think brisbane have anything to offer that fits, so will likely have to accept a pick. Wont be so bad if we manage to get Gibbs.

2 first rounders is Adam Treloar value (better player and what 6 years younger).
That is why we're likely getting Carlton's 2018 2nd back (20-25 you would think)

I love it how Carlton playing hardball with Gibbs is commended, but Adelaide playing hardball with Cameron is frowned upon.
Actually, Collingwood got a second round pick in the twenties back with Treloar.

There’s nothing wrong with clubs playing hardball for contracted players, it has to be done. But the idea that Cameron is worth MORE than a late first round pick is laughable. If the Crows are interested in swapping Cameron for an asset that can help straight away, why on earth didn’t they accept 19 early in the process and work on using that?

Oh dear who opened the gate to the campaigner farm.
Lever dogged the club, I dont remember you being all rosey and nice about Deledio deciding to piss off?

same person who locked you into the incest farm.
how because he asked to leave the club? no different to gibbs last year to carlton. you're happy to go and talk to betts 12 months before his contract is up and sneak around but happens to you and "Tex" cries on radio?? seems fair.

Deledio leaving netted us a first round pick, yeah hurt when he left but did you see the club go out and verbally bash him? no, didnt wanna be there so we got the deal done. easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s nothing wrong with clubs playing hardball for contracted players, it has to be done. But the idea that Cameron is worth MORE than a late first round pick is laughable. If the Crows are interested in swapping Cameron for an asset that can help straight away, why on earth didn’t they accept 19 early in the process and work on using that?

You can literally replace cameron with Gibbs and its the same scenario.
You pay a premium for players under contract, apparently.

How does a draft pick help us in 2018

Reid is only applying what he learnt from SOS last season.

Carlton- out: Gibbs and first round pick
In: bag of oranges
Lions out: Zorko and first round draft pick
In: Cameron
Adelaide: out: Cameron and a bag of oranges
In: Gibbs, Zorko and two first round draft picks

Just a hypothetical trade guys (appears the only way to satisfy the crows and there over valued players - yet they still wouldn't be happy with the trade lol)

Actually, Collingwood got a second round pick in the twenties back with Treloar.
But the two Treloar first round picks were a lot lower than what the Crows have to offer.

Last edited:

Just a hypothetical trade guys (appears the only way to satisfy the crows and there over valued players - yet they still wouldn't be happy with the trade lol)

Oh dear.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

Are these navel oranges or Valencia?

ummmmmm where are the steak knives for adelaide in that trade? still feel like they would only be willing to deal with either Cameron or the bag of oranges.... not both!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back