Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

First 2 lines of the article.

"Contracted Carlton star Bryce Gibbs wants to return home to Adelaide.

But in a strange twist, the 27-year-old is content remaining a Blue if a deal can't be struck."

AKA

We're pulling s**t out of our ass, and we're covered either way.

Kerridge AND pick 28 for Menzel

Fair point but not sure I rate Kerridge, works hard but one of the most frustrating players I've seen. At critical moments he regularly has skill howlers, dropped marks, shanked kicks etc. I can see why Adelaide let him go. If you could transplant Kerridge's work ethic into Menzel you would have the next Craig Bradley!

Name a player who hasn't said that.

If he does decide to leave he won't come cheap though, for mine he's a cherry on top type of player, would suit either SA teams IMO.

The story is complete and utter BS.
Posters on the Carlton board who "are in the know" have told us as much.
Would expect him to be playing at Carlton next year.

Isn't this one of those stories that bobs up every second year? I swear I've heard it before

I mean it might be true this time but still, would be surprising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a rumour every year. That's why it's worthwhile to take anything involving Gibbs and Adelaide with a bit of a laugh - unless something genuinely concrete emerges.

That story has been lifted from here, its a few days old already and leaves out that his missus is the reason, if I was Bryce I'd be following.

Adelaide's first should be enough, maybe a fringe player chucked in. Carlton will struggle to make the cap if he goes.

He's not an elite superstar of the game obviously but he's a very good mid who has shown he can play all over the ground. He was vital in our wins early this year, dropped off a bit late but not much he could do anyway with our form.

We wouldn't be giving him up contracted unless Adelaide paid way overs. We won't get better by trading our good players...we need to bring in MORE good players (mainly through the draft) to get rid of the s**t/list cloggers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That story has been lifted from here, its a few days old already and leaves out that his missus is the reason, if I was Bryce I'd be following.

Adelaide's first should be enough, maybe a fringe player chucked in. Carlton will struggle to make the cap if he goes.

For a contracted player who just finished 4th in our b+F? Not likely that pick 13 and a fringe will be enough.

I'd be asking for this year and next years first, with maybe a future 2nd going back their way.

Pick 13 this year will get pushed back after academy selections and will end up somewhere around 16. Their first next year is likely to be around 15-18.

If they don't want to give up 2 first rounders, I'd want this years plus a best 22 player. Maybe Charlie Cameron.

For a contracted player who just finished 4th in our b+F? Not likely that pick 13 and a fringe will be enough.

I'd be asking for this year and next years first, with maybe a future 2nd going back their way.

Pick 13 this year will get pushed back after academy selections and will end up somewhere around 16. Their first next year is likely to be around 15-18.

If they don't want to give up 2 first rounders, I'd want this years plus a best 22 player. Maybe Charlie Cameron.

Yeah, there's no way Adelaide would do that. Not for a 28 year old Gibbs.

You could maybe get a first. He's good enough to expect that. More isn't realistic.

Not giving this one much credibility given we hear it every year. Reeks of lazy journalism.

Would have to be one hell of a trade given he's a required player and contracted for another 3 years.

A first round pick on its own wouldn't do it, nor would a first round pick + fringe player.

This is a common trend atm, Adelaide are linked to a lot of bs trades. Gibbs, Martin, Fyfe etc seems Like the crows via their media links are trying to make their club look important

Remove this Banner Ad

Back