Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

The point still stands, can’t expect him to be a world beater after a return from viral illness. More so most of the other supposed stars from each team also had a lot of comical stuff ups in today’s game.

Yeah horrible game from Fyfe for example

did you even watch the bloody game? Bryce was so far off it that it wasn't funny. Most of our first year players were outplaying him.

Yeah horrible game from Fyfe for example

did you even watch the bloody game? Bryce was so far off it that it wasn't funny. Most of our first year players were outplaying him.
I caught up in the second half of the match. Listened few mins on radio in the first half.
I’m not really arguing that Gibbs was good. More the issue that he deserves some slack and better to judge him for next week.

Obviously if he plays similar next week then he deserves to be the next senior demoted. If he plays well, then this thread is going to look silly. Just saying.

Fast becoming one of the worst trades in the clubs history..

Just think... we could have jack Higgins and Ed Richards running around for us right now...two lads that give their all... instead we’ve got a bloke who jogs around barely contesting living off the back of his fathers name..

There’s heaps of blokes in the SANFL that deserve a run before Bryce..

He’s been caltonized.

Fast becoming one of the worst trades in the clubs history..

Just think... we could have jack Higgins and Ed Richards running around for us right now...two lads that give their all... instead we’ve got a bloke who jogs around barely contesting living off the back of his fathers name..

There’s heaps of blokes in the SANFL that deserve a run before Bryce..

He’s been caltonized.
Actually, don’t think about it... it’s *in depressing.

He's a laconic footballer, and when he's not in form it looks woeful. I suspect he gets the boot again.

Even if Gooch didn't do a great deal of anything id still keep him in.

I was one that didn't want us trading for him. He should have come home as a free agent. Once he signed a 5 year contract at Carlton, he should have stayed there. However, once we did the trade to get him home, even though we payed too much, I thought at least he has an elite kick. How wrong was I about that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t stand him.

Genuinely does not care out there. Doesn’t give a stuff. Doesn’t get out of a jog.

Shouldn’t be selected again until it seems like he cares. Doubt that’ll happen. Can play out his career at suburban grounds.

This was the thing that was posted. 1. He’s at best a B+ player.

Problem though for us and Carlton is that he’s a cruiser. He’s literally the definition of the type of player that you don’t give a long term contract to. They said that he could go out there with a raw egg in each pocket and return with both un-broken.

Who cares, he’s average. Happy for him to be retired.

Didn't like how we bent over for him with 2 firsts.

If he had his **** together he could have come home earlier for nothing as a FA.

Paying that much for a 28 y.o. half back flanker was idiotic, no hindsight- many of us bauked at the time.
From memory those who were against the Gibbs trade for what we gave up were ridiculed. I said from the beginning he was worth a 2nd rounder. Has proven to be right. If he really wanted to come to the crows he should have come when he was out of contract as a free agent.

Last edited:
He came in off a limited pre season and has had a disrupted year. Probably needs a spell of 2-4 matches in the magoos to get match fitness, then he will have confidence in his body. He'd have got those matches if Seeds hadn't injured himself, if we do the right thing now, he can be an important player for the second half of the year

He had gastro last week. Would like to see anyone on this forum do some heroics after a bout of diarrhea in their pants.
Judge him on next week's efforts.

You’re a doctor, if you’re not right, then you’re not right. The only way to a flag is that every player is held accountable for their performance. Nobody cares about players having excuses as to why they were s**t. You’re either right and benefitial or you’re not right and a liability. It’s not rocket science.

He had gastro last week. Would like to see anyone on this forum do some heroics after a bout of diarrhea in their pants.
Judge him on next week's efforts.

I was on a bus chock full during a Monday rush hour and gave up my seat for an old lady, with some diarrhoea still left in my pants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back