Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

I find vague posts like this online to be deeply frustrating.

Either say something or don't.

Posts like this just seem like a cry for attention from the poster themselves. If you can't say something, then don't bother to post.
The club want to keep the reasons private & the media have respected that... so why expect a poster to spill the beans. There is more at stake than being right on BigFooty.

Exactly so they should shut up and stop being little 'look at me, I know something you don't know' children.
& leave it to people making up crap like the bikies turning up to training...

Last edited:

The club want to keep the reasons private & the media have respected that... so why expect a poster to spill the beans. There is more at stake than being right on BigFooty.
That's not what he said. He said why say anything at all if you're just going to hint at drama

That's not what he said. He said why say anything at all if you're just going to hint at drama
What I'm saying is why not shutdown what is clearly made up crap... if you know what is actually happening... rather than let it perpetuate...

What I'm saying is why not shutdown what is clearly made up crap... if you know what is actually happening... rather than let it perpetuate...
Yeah fine but he's actually hinting at something else and then saying but I can't say what. So actually not shutting down anything. Just zip it.

Our midfield has been visibly better when Gibbs has not been in it. That is why he is not playing AFL.

In the team predictions at the start of the year I had him as a half forward as I did not think he would be a good fit in our midfield. Still think that is where he should be if our first choice mids are fit.

However if there’s attention to detail issues and he is not following coaching instructions, he needs to sort that out, regardless of what position he plays.

I would have him at half forward for a couple of weeks in the SANFL. If he shows he will diligently play the role then he can come in at AFL level.

I find vague posts like this online to be deeply frustrating.

Either say something or don't.

Posts like this just seem like a cry for attention from the poster themselves. If you can't say something, then don't bother to post.
Tough t***ies. If you don't like them, then don't read them and to be perfectly honest, the last thing I would want is attention from the masses at big footy. I am not some hormone raged teen that wants to be the center of attention like some of the posters with obvious chips on their shoulders that frequent this thread.

There are about half a dozen people on the board that I have shared the information I have with them. The rest I don't plan to share it with but when black and white comments get made on the matter, I will response that it is NOT as simple as give him time off as there are other, private factors at play.

So if you don't like those comments, feel free to block me so you don't read them because I certainly don't crave yours or anyone else's attention here.

So are we expecting him to come back into the side any time soon or? Still only playing home games?
Not sure where this "only play home games" comes from? He has played home and away games this year if you check the games he played. l have heard some bullshit stories how he is not playing in Melbourne because of bikies and how he does not play at home because of bikies.

Not sure where this "only play home games" comes from? He has played home and away games this year if you check the games he played. l have heard some ******** stories how he is not playing in Melbourne because of bikies and how he does not play at home because of bikies.

I didn’t buy into any of that stuff, but did find it odd as someone pointed out he was yet to play in Melbourne. Could just be pure coincidence.

I just want him back in the side ASAP tbh and to build some nice form and a role in the side before finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t buy into any of that stuff, but did find it odd as someone pointed out he was yet to play in Melbourne. Could just be pure coincidence.

I just want him back in the side ASAP tbh and to build some nice form and a role in the side before finals.
But he goes over to Melbourne on frequent basis to catch up with friends and former team mates. Didn't he had over there for a bucks night and wedding not that long ago.
Doesn't play at Adelaide Oval because of bikies, but meanwhile goes and plays reserves games at Elizabeth Oval?

Yeah, that makes total sense.
Funny isn't it. Some of the stuff that gets out there is just funny. Not able to play at the AO because of bikies but can play in the suburban SANFL grounds. :D

Tough t***ies. If you don't like them, then don't read them and to be perfectly honest, the last thing I would want is attention from the masses at big footy. I am not some hormone raged teen that wants to be the center of attention like some of the posters with obvious chips on their shoulders that frequent this thread.

There are about half a dozen people on the board that I have shared the information I have with them. The rest I don't plan to share it with but when black and white comments get made on the matter, I will response that it is NOT as simple as give him time off as there are other, private factors at play.

So if you don't like those comments, feel free to block me so you don't read them because I certainly don't crave yours or anyone else's attention here.

Personally I think he’s right, you want all the credit and none of the scrutiny. No other reason

I don’t care either way, but posts like this prove it

Personally I think he’s right, you want all the credit and none of the scrutiny. No other reason

Fancy you putting your two bobs worth into something that doesn’t even concern you! Whether you think he is right or wrong is really irrelevant when its all said and done.

Fancy you putting your two bobs worth into something that doesn’t even concern you! Whether you think he is right or wrong is really irrelevant when its all said and done.

That’s yet *another* non argument you’ve put forward.

Fact is, you can do what you want. What you can’t do is tell people how to feel about it

I really don’t care, it’s just weird to see someone keep making allusions to what they know, determined people understand that they know the truth, but never putting that knowledge up for scrutiny

What sort of motivation could be behind that?

No guts no glory

You are very wrong on all accounts.

Stiffy_18 has shared his information with me & other posters via a PM as he has in the past with reliable inside word. What he has shared the club rightly is trying to keep quiet & media have agreed.

He wouldn't give a stuff you think... & he isn't an attention seeker otherwise he would be posting more.

That’s yet *another* non argument you’ve put forward.

Fact is, you can do what you want. What you can’t do is tell people how to feel about it

I really don’t care, it’s just weird to see someone keep making allusions to what they know, determined people understand that they know the truth, but never putting that knowledge up for scrutiny

What sort of motivation could be behind that?

No guts no glory
For someone who keeps saying they don't care... you certainly feel the need to act like the BigFooty bully police.

You are very wrong on all accounts.

Stiffy_18 has shared his information with me & other posters via a PM as he has in the past with reliable inside word. What he has shared the club rightly is trying to keep quiet & media have agreed.

He wouldn't give a stuff you think... & he isn't an attention seeker otherwise he would be posting more.

Did someone holler for a mouth breather? 😂

You’re just trying to pretend you know something too

Oooh look I’m in on the big secret too.

Fact is there is no reason to post saying you know, and not share. Don’t say anything then

I call bullshit. Just mutual reach arounds. As your attempt to chime in shows

Did someone holler for a mouth breather? 😂

You’re just trying to pretend you know something too

Oooh look I’m in on the big secret too.

Fact is there is no reason to post saying you know, and not share. Don’t say anything then

I call ********. Just mutual reach arounds. As your attempt to chime in shows
Honestly couldn't give a shyte what you think.

The truth will eventually come out, but til then I have no issue that you are in the dark... & no amount of bullying posts will change that. ;)

Also it may make no difference in the end by not telling the full story now... but is their prerogative.
Surely it would have made sense for all and sundry to do some sort of feel good article over the bye to clear the air.

We've all heard the gambling and we've all heard illness of family members.

It feels like the pressure on Gibbs and the club in regards to the non selection could have been made a non issue with a bit of honesty.

Hell even if Gibbs doesn't want to talk about it or what it is, a statement to reflect that would be just as good, like others have in the past.

It is starting to smell like another poorly managed issue by the AFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back