Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

It's always been strange to me that people go to the effort of using private messages to attempt to mask their defaming of people, then post that they've done it.

It's still published if it's a private message...

Surely it would have made sense for all and sundry to do some sort of feel good article over the bye to clear the air.

We've all heard the gambling and we've all heard illness of family members.

It feels like the pressure on Gibbs and the club in regards to the non selection could have been made a non issue with a bit of honesty.

Hell even if Gibbs doesn't want to talk about it or what it is, a statement to reflect that would be just as good, like others have in the past.

It is starting to smell like another poorly managed issue by the AFC.

First I’ve heard of family member illness.

It's always been strange to me that people go to the effort of using private messages to attempt to mask their defaming of people, then post that they've done it.

It's still published if it's a private message...
It's nothing to do with defamation as not a suing issue. This will be obvious when it comes out.

Surely it would have made sense for all and sundry to do some sort of feel good article over the bye to clear the air.

We've all heard the gambling and we've all heard illness of family members.

It feels like the pressure on Gibbs and the club in regards to the non selection could have been made a non issue with a bit of honesty.

Hell even if Gibbs doesn't want to talk about it or what it is, a statement to reflect that would be just as good, like others have in the past.

It is starting to smell like another poorly managed issue by the AFC.
How this is getting handled is a choice of the player and not necessarily the club. From what I have been told it’s not the illness of the family member but it does relate to family. There is allegedly a gambling issue that is being kept on the “hush hush” (imho unsuccessfully) for a specific reason. The gambling is not something that has sprung up recently, its been there for a while.

The gambling is the biggest issue amongst AFL players at the moment. One of our former players who is still playing has a serious addiction to the point where he has started calling him former team mates asking for a loans. His management team is taking control and making sure he doesn’t piss all of his money away.

Not sure where this "only play home games" comes from? He has played home and away games this year if you check the games he played. l have heard some ******** stories how he is not playing in Melbourne because of bikies and how he does not play at home because of bikies.

I noticed that he hasn't played a game in the Hells Angels compound this year

Probably because of the bikies

It's got everything to do with defamation. People don't post the rumours because they fear the consequences, so instead they spread smut in private.
There are plenty of personal things relating to AFL players that never get published when known by the media as they feel the right thing to do.

You can't be more wrong as this has nothing to do with defamation.

There are plenty of personal things relating to AFL players that never get published when known by the media as they feel the right thing to do.

You can't be more wrong as this has nothing to do with defamation.

Oh right. It's the secret code of chivalry. It's highly private sensitive information that you're too decent to post, so instead you participate in its spread on an internet board by private message to strangers, whilst using it as a brag point?

How this is getting handled is a choice of the player and not necessarily the club. From what I have been told it’s not the illness of the family member but it does relate to family. There is allegedly a gambling issue that is being kept on the “hush hush” (imho unsuccessfully) for a specific reason. The gambling is not something that has sprung up recently, its been there for a while.

The gambling is the biggest issue amongst AFL players at the moment. One of our former players who is still playing has a serious addiction to the point where he has started calling him former team mates asking for a loans. His management team is taking control and making sure he doesn’t piss all of his money away.
I understand that. You'd hope the club would have pointed out that historical mistakes of not just hitting issues on the head.

In the end it's their issue to deal with, the medias to speculate.

One of our former players who is still playing has a serious addiction to the point where he has started calling him former team mates asking for a loans. His management team is taking control and making sure he doesn’t piss all of his money away.

Not to derail a Gibbs thread or anything, but is this former player still playing at AFL level, or at a lower level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So would Geelong count as a Melbourne game (for those with conspiracy theory that Bryce is not getting games in Melbourne for alleged gambling reasons)? :D

Glad he's a in. This crap about him not being in our 22 is ridiculous imo. He absolutely is imo and needs to build form before finals.

Let's just hope he isn't sent to tag now, I think that's a waste of talent.

So would Geelong count as a Melbourne game (for those with conspiracy theory that Bryce is not getting games in Melbourne for alleged gambling reasons)? :D
Plays this week, then misses the showdown?
Reason given he is not good defensively, even though he did a good job shutting down Oliver in Darwin. Or he is an inside mid and the balance is wrong, despite him being a very good attacking mid in the Brisbane game.

If he plays this week but not the Showdown I look forward to hearing how he is out due to team balance as we don't need three guys who can play Ruck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fast becoming a highly paid list clogger.. with baggage to boot.
Play well this week and keep his spot or bring in another young Hamish gem!
Our kids are clearly up and about and the club is starting to make the calls needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back