Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon if we get new coaches next year there could be a sudden rejuvenation of Gibbs. It's gotta be personal at this point, for him to be singled out specifically for "defensive deficiencies" while others get passes for non-efforts is disgusting at this point.
It is personal… but not between him & the club.

He needs to sort himself out mind-wise or his career will be over before he know it.

Doesn't his contract take him to the end of his career anyway? He is getting paid either way, no skin of his nose if he doesn't play.
Reckon he would prefer to be playing AFL rather than just getting a salary though...

Like the 19 touches Mackay picked up in the SANFL which got him straight back into the SANFL side?

Rules for some...

Yep, he went back to SANFL and 'found form' ! Hell,It's there, you just have to know where to look for it and the smart ones can find it in just 1 game. Give me a break AFC.

Last edited:

Gibbs had quite a number of monster games for us in 2016-2017...where he'd have 28+ disposals, 2+ goals and 6+ tackles etc and just clearly be the best player on the ground. Outside of those games he was still good.

He really was A grade. And no, not just by Carlton player standards.

Shame to see his dramatic decline...i'm guessing mostly due to the gambling/personal issues.
Although doesn't help him that he's largely being played out of position and earlier this season seemed to be a bit of a scapegoat.

I recall he was pretty good for you at the start of 2018 when there were some injuries to Sloane & the Crouch Bro's...Gibbs was able to play in his preferred position back then and did well.

Yeah it's hard to understand why he's fallen so drastically.

I get the impression that he and Camporeale hate each other. There was some weird comment from Godden earlier in the year that Don had taken over all individual communication from the coaching staff to Gibbs.

If there's a poor relationship at the heart of his role with the club it's a hard thing to get past. Add some off field issues onto a flimsy foundation...?

Last year he was quite good but we also had several key midfielders miss large chunks of time. Left Campo with little choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you cherry pick your metrics and timeframe you can make anyone sound good. I bet if I messed around with those two things I could make a case for David Mackay being one of the best players in the competition too, with about equal validity to the argument.
Possessions and goals are fairly fundamental. Not exactly massaging obscurities here.

What they highlight is how far he's fallen. He's a shadow. Been terrible this season.

I thought he'd be good for us but he hasn't. Turned into a disaster for the club.

What was the wash up with BG? Isn't he still contracted to Adelaide and isnt he killing in the SANFL? Under a new coach won't get brought back in, corrupt media complicit in cover up I assume not reporting at all on this. What was the verdict with him?

Drugs? Screwed Walkers wife? Gotta be something, just doesn't make sense. Still just 31

What was the wash up with BG? Isn't he still contracted to Adelaide and isnt he killing in the SANFL? Under a new coach won't get brought back in, corrupt media complicit in cover up I assume not reporting at all on this. What was the verdict with him?

Drugs? Screwed Walkers wife? Gotta be something, just doesn't make sense. Still just 31

Makes plenty of sense, wasn't performing. No mystery, just no good at AFL level. Retired last year, still on list for salary cap reasons.

Oh and he isn't 'Still just 31'. He's 32.

* you must live in a very exciting world of cover ups and conspiracy.

He simply wasn’t that good at footy… life is boring m8

Makes plenty of sense, wasn't performing. No mystery, just no good at AFL level. Retired last year, still on list for salary cap reasons.

Sorry South Adelaide site had him at 31. Think he's doing ok in SANFL though? Isn't he 2nd highest possesion getter? I just don't get, wasn't explained well enough and was wondering if I just missed something.

Sorry South Adelaide site had him at 31. Think he's doing ok in SANFL though? Isn't he 2nd highest possesion getter? I just don't get, wasn't explained well enough and was wondering if I just missed something.

Was explained plenty well last year. Consistently poor form across 2019 and into 2020, not good enough to play AFL. He is no longer at the Adelaide Football Club so his SANFL form is irrelevant to us.

SANFL doesn’t count for much, just look at Billy Frampton. Looks like Wayne Carey in the SANFL and like Billy Frampton in the AFL

We can still trade him to the Cats if you are interested for a bargain.

At 32 years old, he would meet your recruitment strategy....

Contracted for salary cap reasons but is not an Adelaide player. Hence he's allowed to play for South Adelaide (similar to Stengle and WWzt).

Just fell apart as a footballer in 2019-20, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back