Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing to remember with Gibbs recruitment is that Sloane had not signed on.

So you've got an A/B grade midfielder who wants to join your club, with an A grade mid possibly leaving, on the heels of Lever, Dangerfield, etc.

Of course you're going to sign up the A/B grade mid. Especially when Douglas is nearing the end, Brad Crouch has his injury concerns, etc.

Anyone who compares van Berlo to Gibbs knows nothing about football.

One was an athlete trying to play football, the other is a very good footballer for most of his career forced to endure mediocrity his entire career until 2018.

And now we're being forced to endure his mediocrity

Makes no sense, particularly taking into consideration Gibbs comments when interviewed post game on Saturday

Just saying what I heard.

I guess it’s much easier to believe he is a gambling addict and running from the bad guys. Much easier to believe that.

The thing to remember with Gibbs recruitment is that Sloane had not signed on.

So you've got an A/B grade midfielder who wants to join your club, with an A grade mid possibly leaving, on the heels of Lever, Dangerfield, etc.

Of course you're going to sign up the A/B grade mid. Especially when Douglas is nearing the end, Brad Crouch has his injury concerns, etc.
And now we're being forced to endure his mediocrity

Both of you are correct.

AFC caught between a rock and a hard place.

If Brouch had injury issues and Sloane left, there was a hole in the midfield.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about his form in 2018

You had to endure van Berlo's mediocrity for 15 years

Gibbs' 2018 was better than anything vB produced his entire career

We endured it so much we rewarded him with captaincy.

Youre not a fan of VB ? Do you know him personally?

Yeah you kept repeating it despite repeated evidence using the actual picks showing you were wrong.

Part the fact Deledio is a better player than Gibbs by a fair margin. 2xAA to none for a start.
I am wrong? A downgrade of 5 picks from 16 and 12 picks from 28, how can you consider those downgrades as worth another 1st rounder is beyond me. If that 5 picks downgrade was from a top 10 pick, then I can understand this but not from pick 16 or if it was a 10 picks difference from 16.
And that's despite the fact that anyone would prefer to have pick 21 last year compared to pick 16 in 2017.
Deledio hasn't been as durable as Gibbs all his career.
You are starting to get into Sanders and marty36's level here.

Last edited:
We endured it so much we rewarded him with captaincy.

Youre not a fan of VB ? Do you know him personally?

We're not talking about leadership ability. We're talking about football ability.

It's not whether I'm a fan of him or know him. It's whether he was a good footballer. Any objective person would rightly say he was an average footballer.

We're not talking about leadership ability. We're talking about football ability.

It's not whether I'm a fan of him or know him. It's whether he was a good footballer. Any objective person would rightly say he was an average footballer.

That I do know about him and dont disagree at all. Most posters on our board would agree.

I just thought its unusual for an opposition supporter to be strong and passionate about how bad an ex player at the Crows was.

It would be like if I turned up to the Saints board, bagging an ex player of yours that hasnt played for like 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of you are correct.

AFC caught between a rock and a hard place.

If Brouch had injury issues and Sloane left, there was a hole in the midfield.

So if we wanted a B grade midfielder to fill that hole, are we really saying in the entire competition there wasn't a B grade midfielder who would be willing to come to us for the same cash and lesser draft picks? I find that VERY hard to believe.

Reading this thread and I know who is getting put on IGNORE! Such negative crap that is mind blowingly numb and repetitive

If you can't see how that isn't similar to the Gibbs trade, you are being obtuse
A downgrade of 5 picks from 16 and 12 picks from 28 is not equivalent to a 1st rounder, you are nuts if you think it is.
Even if I use the convoluted points draft, those downgrade points only equals 437 which is worth an early 3rd rounder so we gave up a mid 1st rounder and early 3rd rounder for Gibbs.

Last edited:
A downgrade of 5 picks from 16 and 12 picks from 28 is not equivalent to a 1st rounder, you are nuts if you think it is.
Even if I use the convoluted points draft, those downgrade points only equals 437 which is worth an early 3rd rounder so we gave up a mid 1st rounder and early 3rd rounder for Gibbs.

Pretty sure that was the point I made

Yeah you kept repeating it despite repeated evidence using the actual picks showing you were wrong.

Part the fact Deledio is a better player than Gibbs by a fair margin. 2xAA to none for a start.
Deledio was cooked.

Was gave up ten and some marginal pick downgrades to get Gibbs. That's very similar to Deledio, who's barely played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back