List Mgmt. Bryce Lewis departs Arden Street

Dec 31, 2015
Santiago, Chile
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why you blokes want to return to an age where being bullied at work was acceptable is beyond me.

There is no place for bullying in a workplace. It is detrimental to productivity. It is detrimental to staff moral. It costs companies money. There are no positives.

If you want to call me a soft utensil for wanting to work with adults who act like adults then so be it. Keep playing out your alpha fantasies on football forums, keep it away from your workplaces.

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers

longlivenmfc

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why you blokes want to return to an age where being bullied at work was acceptable is beyond me.

There is no place for bullying in a workplace. It is detrimental to productivity. It is detrimental to staff moral. It costs companies money. There are no positives.

If you want to call me a soft utensil for wanting to work with adults who act like adults then so be it. Keep playing out your alpha fantasies on football forums, keep it away from your workplaces.

I agree that bullying is not acceptable, but we're talking about a guy whose role requires him to make numerous decisions each year which are then heavily scrutinised by media, members, supporters, other clubs, etc. I would expect you would need very very thick skin to perform that role successfully, so I can't cop that he would sue the club because Walshy called him a nasty name. Imagine if he read this board a few years back!

When you consider he was fired by North, then fired by Essendon, plus our comments in the statement about his health and wellbeing, I suspect Bryce has a few of his own issues that having nothing to do with North and how he perceives he was treated.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

The NMFC is a male football club, and if some male tells another male to lift their game and they shatter in to a million pieces, they're a soft utensil.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
Nah the world is ******* soft, too many people hide behind HR dep's or use PC as an excuse for not delivering on their job. I've been trying to get two campaigners retrenched for six months. They could s**t on the Directors desk and would be sent to the Doc's cause they may have a bowel disorder.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
I think this is pay back for a grudge. $$$$$$$$.

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
What annoys me the most is the length of time it has taken Bryce Lewis to do something about it. Is it because he couldn't find a equally paying job in the normal world he has now decided to claim damages? Weak any way you want to spin it.

archerboy

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The NMFC is a male football club, and if some male tells another male to lift their game and they shatter in to a million pieces, they're a soft utensil.
That is a deplorable reply. Have you seen how many women work at our club? It is not a male football club. You might have missed we also have a womens team. Missed the work that Ben Brown does? NMFC is for all people, not just men

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
What annoys me the most is the length of time it has taken Bryce Lewis to do something about it. Is it because he couldn't find a equally paying job in the normal world he has now decided to claim damages? Weak any way you want to spin it.
He left NM for Essendon.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That is a deplorable reply. Have you seen how many women work at our club? It is not a male football club. You might have missed we also have a womens team. Missed the work that Ben Brown does? NMFC is for all people, not just men

If a woman can't handle the rough & tumble of a male football club they should find a nice job in nursing.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
"They used to call me mean names like Lice Brewis".

(I'm not condoning workplace harassment anyway with this joke, I find it abhorrent. I just always liked this meme).

Having seen first hand the work that nurses, both male and female, do I can guarantee you that there is more "rough and tumble" in their job than that at a football club.

Lol. Yes, I think if SB had his time over, he would have, maybe, suggested a Flower Shop instead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back