'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

My ears bleed and I have the urge to kill innocent baby llamas whenever I hear hear just about any channel 7 commentary team....

We can only hope and pray that channel 7 read some forums or the email feedback they receive. Most likely they know the ship has sailed and dont care - so long as people watch the video they couldnt give a stuff about the audio!

as bad as they are, BT plays to what Seven sees as their major demographic - the garden variety bogan. So unless the ratings seriously tank (which they wont) or BT offends the wrong person with his dribble, he will be there for a while.

Throw Richo into the mix and BT's pissweak baiting of him is unbearably tiresome. They are disgraceful. Watch BT 10 years ago at Channel 9 and he was quite good....what happened??

On the subject of awful TV football commentary, am I the only person whose eyes glaze over whenever Foxtel go to the "War Room"? God that's boring and it just goes on and on and on. And now they have the "War Score" which seems to be an even more tedious way of telling us Supercoach points by pretending they have some sort of strategic value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else noticed the amount of times BT cuts off the "special" comments guys?

It's actually not such a bad thing to cut off Special Comments men given they amount they've waffled on about ever since 9 got the rights in 2002......

Can't stand them. How does someone as insignificant as Darcy get given the role he has, butcher it, behave like a flog, and still have a job year after year? Is there a shortage of talent??

Throw Richo into the mix and BT's pissweak baiting of him is unbearably tiresome. They are disgraceful. Watch BT 10 years ago at Channel 9 and he was quite good....what happened??

On the subject of awful TV football commentary, am I the only person whose eyes glaze over whenever Foxtel go to the "War Room"? God that's boring and it just goes on and on and on. And now they have the "War Score" which seems to be an even more tedious way of telling us Supercoach points by pretending they have some sort of strategic value.

BT was awesome on triple M. The problem is that at channel 7 he has noone to work off. At triple M he worked really well with Brashaw because they were both pretty funny guys and they also had Gary Lyon, Spud regis and Chief to work off who played their roles as humorless straight men very well. Luke Darcy is about as talentless as they come and completely devoid of any humour at all. Richo is ok but still learning the ropes. It's no surprise that BT isn't doing very well when you see what channel 7 have given him to work with. He's still better than Bruce and Dennis who have reached new levels of horribleness with the self indulgent rubbish they spout out each week.

BT was awesome on triple M. The problem is that at channel 7 he has noone to work off. At triple M he worked really well with Brashaw because they were both pretty funny guys and they also had Gary Lyon, Spud regis and Chief to work off who played their roles as humorless straight men very well. Luke Darcy is about as talentless as they come and completely devoid of any humour at all. Richo is ok but still learning the ropes. It's no surprise that BT isn't doing very well when you see what channel 7 have given him to work with. He's still better than Bruce and Dennis who have reached new levels of horribleness with the self indulgent rubbish they spout out each week.

If they rolled out Sam Kekovich to commentate on games again, he'd still be better than Brian Taylor.

Can't stand them. How does someone as insignificant as Darcy get given the role he has, butcher it, behave like a flog, and still have a job year after year? Is there a shortage of talent??

I reckon there is. Those with a good footy brain go into coaching, those who have interests and talents elsewhere pursue other careers after football, what's left goes into footy commentary :(

They, along with Richo make footy almost unwatchable.. I'd love for Fox footy to offer the option and pressing the red button and letting us select any of the radio feeds (without delay)...

That would be great, but it will ever happen.

Remember how the previous incarnation of Fox Footy allowed you (I think it was during the late Sunday game) to switch off the commentators and simply listen to the crowd noise? It has got to the point where I would much prefer to listen to that than BT/Darcy etc.

The trick is to pause the live tv (fox, or digital recorder), and set up an ipod dock/internet stream of whichever radio team you prefer. It might take a couple of pause attempts to sync it perfectly, but doesn't take more than a minute. Works a treat.
BT belongs on MMM with the rub, but they are doing just fine without him really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back