Remove this Banner Ad

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Meh, called it in the stands from the other end of the ground, blind Freddy could see it coming.
I actually like BT as a commentator (not so much as a roamer), but yeah, one of the things that made the mark so good I reckon was that pretty much everyone at the ground who was paying attention could see it unfolding. It was just a matter of whether JK was (1) awake to it and (2) got the timing & execution right, and it turned out to be yes & yes.

On the subject, can anyone point me to other commentary of the mark other than BT and the Cometti call? I'd like to make a compilation for YouTube.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
The running ability was noticed as well . The speed to run half the field and leap . This is in the dying minutes of the 4Th qtr .
Kudos to Jamie Cripps who ran over 16 km in this game , Simmo said Ryan has been mentored on Cripps work ethic and has bought in . We noticed last year Rioli was running 14+ ks a game .
Personally I think Mark Lecras probably took the running forwards game to the current levels . Josh Kennedy in his Coleman years was irrepressible with his running and of course he and Lecca have a mateship built on respect for hard work .

big bootaaaaah

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2011
Doghouse
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Can gagf
It’s got to be one of the only marks in history where the player being marked over gets almost the same amount of hang time as the guy taking the mark😂 next time you watch the mark focus solely on Gawn and try not to laugh it’s impossible 😂😂

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Only decent call of the night. Bt is a ****ed and should just retire.

I loved Simmo for calling him out when he got in Simmo's personal space.

Also during our team song, you can hear BT over the mic asking someone what Barrass's first name is. That was minutes before he had to interview him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moley27

Debutant
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
BT primed himself for the big fly every time the ball went anywhere near Ryan, if you throw enough s**t at the wall eventually it will stick.

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
BT is gradually earning my grudging respect. His awkward, half autistic ROAMING BRIAN thing tends to bring a few laughs and a few guaranteed super awkward moments every week; I kinda love how genuinely unscripted and weird it can get. Plus he's not that bad a caller really. You can do far worse than BT.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep I could see it unfolding as Ryan was pushing down, and to his credit so did BT and he timed the call just right. He isn't the worst of the bunch (not a high bar) but his over-emphasised LLLLoyds and OOOOOrazios etc give me the drizzling sh1ts. But he did nail this one- and the sheed goal in the GF wasnt bad either.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Eight of your ten posts are about BT and the Channel 7 commentary team.

G'day Brian, hope you're well mate.
To be fair I think BT if he was on big footy he’d set up an account called BTofficial and talk himself up with it, he’s not big on shame.

I don’t mind him, at least he sounds like he actually enjoys the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back