BT commentating

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't watch a second of 7's coverage (until the Grand final of course).

Watch 7s footy ratings drop. They believe we tune in to watch their amazing coverage. No, we tune in to watch the footy and everything else is irrelevant. At half time I mute the TV and do a few things and come back at the first bounce of the 2nd half.

Would like to know if Channel 9s ratings for the NRL dropped after Foxtel started commentary of their own.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Aren't all the finals 7's coverage anyway?

Channel 7 clearly know people will watch them no matter what, their production and graphic standards are cheap and amateur so why not save millions on their commentary too and put in amateur no name commentators. They'll do a better job than the current expert special comments who are literally just Captain Obvious' (apart from Burgoyne and maybe Hodge - except Hodge's voice is so jarring and not suited to commentary).
Hodge is the biggest Captain Obvious on there.

Americans hate NFL commentators and the poms hate their EPL commentators. It's just the way the world works.

There is probably an NFL forum right now with a post "I caught a game of that Aussie Rules Football last weekend anyone ever seen it buddies? They have this commentator they call "BT" who is amazing, funny guy who loves a laugh. Can we get him over here to replace our terrible commentators?"
I don't :)
I hate the commercials, but I don't have much problem with the callers. And I was watching when Madden was a young coach. ;)
Even the 'star' caller teams are very professional.
BTW I'm American :grinv1:

Agree except for Brayshaw. Entitled git.
What's wrong with JB..? Don't you like him screaming 'UNBELIEVABLE!' or 'INCREDIBLE!' or 'MIRACULOUS!' everytime a player takes a diving chest mark or snaps a goal over their shoulder - i.e. 'footballing feats' that most Auskickers undertake every weekend.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan of 2012-present BT. Brayshaw gets a bad rap but he’s miles ahead of Bristle, particularly when not paired together

Thing is, unless he retires from TV or says something scandalous on the air, BT unfortunately isn’t going anywhere, 7 wouldn’t dare get rid of their ‘marquee’ caller (as much as most would love for it to happen)

Those 2012 Saturday nights with him, Darcy & (bullied) Richo was such a painful shift in the sports coverage. He tended to be more toned down when called up to the marquee games with a sacred cow like Bruce.

In the last several years I think he has a directive to get hung up on something inconsequential and create 'controversies' for the footy media to feed off. The game as a means, the noise as the narrative.

Those 2012 Saturday nights with him, Darcy & (bullied) Richo was such a painful shift in the sports coverage. He tended to be more toned down when called up to the marquee games with a sacred cow like Bruce.

In the last several years I think he has a directive to get hung up on something inconsequential and create 'controversies' for the footy media to feed off. The game as a means, the noise as the narrative.
The fact that he bullied Richo (still does a bit) about his career, when Rich was 100 times the player BT was, irks me a lot.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hodge is the biggest Captain Obvious on there.
Not his fault. He tried to do actual analysis and got shut down by BT for being too analytical. So now he just stays in his lane and says nothing of importance.

Thats why im glad fox can do their own commentary. More analysis and less entertainment for entertainment sake (which is why I dont get best on ground)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT has been trash for 10+ years. Calling out wrong players, not understanding the rules, going on pointless tangents, over dramatising a long, long, long, long point when it always looked like missing straight off the boot. He seems to think that pretending it might go through for a goal, despite never looking anywhere near it, builds up tension and drama.

And roaming Brian is just peak cringe and my prompt to turn off. He seems to think that he runs the room and can just interrupt and be rude to other journos who are mid interview.

He's the worst of the worst. So many aspects to his ineptitude and cringe-worthiness to begin to describe.

I will list the one I'm finding most infuriating:

The C##t barracks for injuries!! The more serious it initially appears to be, the more excited he gets.

Be gone Brian

Not his fault. He tried to do actual analysis and got shut down by BT for being too analytical. So now he just stays in his lane and says nothing of importance.

Thats why im glad fox can do their own commentary. More analysis and less entertainment for entertainment sake (which is why I dont get best on ground)
He’s always been the same for mine.

Having a good on-field footy brain doesn’t mean he can translate it well off field.

He’s not alone in that area, though.

It boggles the mind how underused Jason Bennett is. He's fantastic.

BT shits me, but I find Dwayne Russell and Brayshaw more unbearable.

BT is good.

You haters are all insane and/or clueless
Where in the very small minority - but ive allways liked him - and the ones who saying Anthony Hudson is great - that little pip squeak - he is way way over the top - a huge crescendo over and over again - where is the mute button

But getting back to BT he can make a dull neutral game entertaining and watchable

And he can be hilarious - i will never forget that W/Coast Geelong game about 10 yearsago at Subi - boundary throw in and McNammara of the Eagles took it off the pack had a couple of bounces - and kicked it - but kicked it the wrong way to the Geel FF who kicked a goal

And BT kept yelling out - McNammara hes gone the wrong way - hes gone wrong way - still havent stopped laughing over that

AFL hasn’t had any good commentators since Cometti retired. All of them are either completely uninteresting without a personality or put on a screaming match/try way too hard to be funny.

Whateley would be good if he commentated on tv more but I still want a new Cometti (or the original to come back)

AFL hasn’t had any good commentators since Cometti retired. All of them are either completely uninteresting without a personality or put on a screaming match/try way too hard to be funny.

Whateley would be good if he commentated on tv more but I still want a new Cometti (or the original to come back)
Commetti just might return. He’s been flogging BergaMet health supplements on radio and if they are as good as he says, he should live forever!

If I don't hear the term "chiseller" again in my life I'll die a happy man. The *er doesn't even use his own made-up term correctly using it for normally-weighted kicks. Now JB has started to ape him in a lesser fashion (if that was possible) with "driller" being used last week.

*knuckles, the both of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back