BT commentating

Remove this Banner Ad

Where in the very small minority - but ive allways liked him - and the ones who saying Anthony Hudson is great - that little pip squeak - he is way way over the top - a huge crescendo over and over again - where is the mute button

But getting back to BT he can make a dull neutral game entertaining and watchable

And he can be hilarious - i will never forget that W/Coast Geelong game about 10 yearsago at Subi - boundary throw in and McNammara of the Eagles took it off the pack had a couple of bounces - and kicked it - but kicked it the wrong way to the Geel FF who kicked a goal

And BT kept yelling out - McNammara hes gone the wrong way - hes gone wrong way - still havent stopped laughing over that

It boggles the mind how underused Jason Bennett is. He's fantastic.

BT shits me, but I find Dwayne Russell and Brayshaw more unbearable.
Bennett is awful. I always thought he'd be good, but unfortunately he falls for the same trap they all do - and that's trying to make out that every play, and every game is the most unbelievable thing that has has ever occurred in the history of mankind.

Every player is a legend. Every action is incredible.

It just becomes an attack on your intelligence.

I don’t mind BT, not sure what it is some of you guys want from a commentator, fact is you’d probably whinge regardless, is it the go to thing if your club sucks and even bagging your players has run it’s course?

I love how some of you make it sound like it’s an easy job anyone could do in their spare time, BT normally calls 3 games a week, maybe 4? I’d love to see one of you hero’s call one, even one qtr.

I don’t mind BT, not sure what it is some of you guys want from a commentator, fact is you’d probably whinge regardless, is it the go to thing if your club sucks and even bagging your players has run it’s course?

I love how some of you make it sound like it’s an easy job anyone could do in their spare time, BT normally calls 3 games a week, maybe 4? I’d love to see one of you hero’s call one, even one qtr.

Dangerfield takes 1 bounce oh boy woweeeee he's just taken another bounce and kicked a goal.

Pretty simple

Dangerfield takes 1 bounce oh boy woweeeee he's just taken another bounce and kicked a goal.

Pretty simple
So? Seriously so? Especially considering BT is the last person to take himself seriously, he doesn’t pretend to be perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The powers of observation tell me that there are enough people commentating professional sports around the world at a professional level, that we could realistically expect more.

But reality is that there are far more people who watch football who are happy with the commentary he provides, and don’t see his flaws as flaws because they don’t care. I think it says more about Australians (and realistically, Victorians) than BT.

The $$$$ is where it’s at ultimately.

Jesus did this guy just bring it back to the "I bet you guys couldn't do it" level of argument?

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

I actually don’t mind Brayshaw. When a game reaches its crescendo he’s the man for the job.

BT however continues to reach new depths of awful. You can tell he spends no time researching the game or working on his craft. And if he does that’s even more damning. Feels like dementia will be knocking at the door soon if it isn’t already.

"play on not 15, that's an impressive and brave call from the umpire, superb!"

:rolleyes:

Hi Brian, can't you retire and leave our ears in peace

I actually don’t mind Brayshaw. When a game reaches its crescendo he’s the man for the job.

BT however continues to reach new depths of awful. You can tell he spends no time researching the game or working on his craft. And if he does that’s even more damning. Feels like dementia will be knocking at the door soon if it isn’t already.
I can't stand Brayshaw's insistence on calling teams by nicknames nobody else uses. He's the only current commentator I hear refer to Collingwood as "the Maggies" and he does it every game.

Also wish he was capable of saying something under than "BANG" after a player kicks a goal.

Especially last night when he called the AA fwd pocketTyson Stengle, Brad Close two times in a row and didn't correct himself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back