Training BT66 @ Open Training - 24 Aug 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

* Mods * - Please delete if this thread is inappropriate.

Brains Trust66 and I ventured down to Seaford for the open training session today. I had a great time and I think BT did too. Posted with BT's permission.

BTHughGoddard-640.jpg
As Hugh Goddard's player advocate it was appropriate that Hugh signed BT's copy of The Point of It All first but there were a few others too, not least this next guy.

BTNickRiewoldt-640.jpg
#ThanksRooey

BTSamGilbert-640.jpg
Sam
BTLeighMontagna-640.jpg
Joey
BTJarrynGeary-640.jpg
Gears
BTAlanRichardson-640.jpg
Richo

Last edited:

Thanks for the great photos dct66 , was a great day . Have you tried on the board shorts yet lol. Not bad for free . Mine are a little tight but they were free so who's complaining.

Thanks for the great photos dct66 , was a great day . Have you tried on the board shorts yet lol. Not bad for free . Mine are a little tight but they were free so who's complaining.

Wearing my free Saints boardies now and my #ThanksRooey t-shirt.

We called in at Moorabbin on the way back , can't see it being ready for next season , certainly not the start of next season . Think they will be training at Seaford for awhile yet . Overall dct66 and myself had a good time although we didn't win the raffle I did get to see the 1966 premiership cup . We bought some good gear as well as getting our 4pairs of board shorts for free . I got autographs of most of the players in the front of my The Point Of It All book that Richo hadn't seen before .

We called in at Moorabbin on the way back , can't see it being ready for next season , certainly not the start of next season . Think they will be training at Seaford for awhile yet . Overall dct66 and myself had a good time although we didn't win the raffle I did get to see the 1966 premiership cup . We bought some good gear as well as getting our 4pairs of board shorts for free . I got autographs of most of the players in the front of my The Point Of It All book that Richo hadn't seen before .
The construction is actually ahead of schedule due to the lack of rain the last couple of months. Its also going up in stages so the training stuff is going up before a lot of the admin areas.

The construction is actually ahead of schedule due to the lack of rain the last couple of months. Its also going up in stages so the training stuff is going up before a lot of the admin areas.

That makes sense given that the gaming room is still open while development goes on in the pocket towards the South Rd end.

Nice work guys. Some great interaction

I'm pretty jealous of you guys that live out east and can get to open training.

Last edited:
Jealous of the East Pffftt.
Long live the mighty West with its No Hills, No Trees and a petro chemical plant on every corner.
Now if I could just relocate the Bulldogs out of the West it would be perfect:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work guys. Some great interaction

Actually I live in Heidelberg Heights and Dct66 lives close to Melbourne so it was a very long drive to get there and back.

need to lose weight :D

Great work there BT and dct66....the pics dct66 are awesome....sounds like you both had a ripper of a time down there.

Did they get a good crowd?

Not a bad crowd. Understandably not anywhere near as many as the sessions before the Grand Finals (who remembers the haka in '97?).

When Rooey started signing autographs at the thin edge of the crowd we moved closer to him and got a good spot on the fence with nice people who stepped out of shot when I was taking pics. Closer to the dressing rooms the crowd was 3 or 4 deep around the fence. Most of the players were very good signing autographs although some signed a few and headed inside but we don't know if they had physio or other stuff to do inside after training.

Mrs says yesterday night, the night before we leave
Mrs: "How come we didn't leave sa wed and go to training on thursday to see Roos last session?"
Me: death stare.

Couldve done exactly what u did with my copy of TPOIA

Ffs

Divorce her

Funny Roo was one of the first to start signing autographs but by the time the others had finished he was still only half way around with the most crowded area still to come . No idea what time he finished but we think he might have been a late out with writers cramp . Everybody wanted a photo and an autograph plus to talk to him and credit where credit is due he just did what ever they wanted with a smile on his face . What an absolute legend the bloke is . Remember this was after a hard training session that he hadn't even gone inside to rest before he started signing . He made every little kid who he posed for a photo with feel like they were someone special, what a great bloke.

Richo was great too , was happy to chat to anyone . Had a quick chat to me asking about The Point Of It All book as he hadn't seen it before . I like Richo even more now .

Some players were happier signing autographs than others . Jack Newnes didn't look very happy but we saw him when he finished and he had a huge block of ice on his ankle which was swelled quite badly so hope he's alright for our final game . The two Irish lads were having a ball as I guess this was a new experience for them . Spoke to Minch who said he will be right to go for preseason and he's looking forward to it .

The only downside was a few players who started at the middle and went the other way so we missed them , included Paddy , Gresh , Hickey , Longer , Dunstan , Freezer and Lonie but they might have had to go in for strapping or something .

Some great pictures there mate. Rooey was ecstatic with the turn out from the supporters on Thursday. I'd be surprised if there was anyone there who missed out on his signature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back