Opinion Buckley, Hardwick, Ablett, the 2017 season will be make-or-break for 10 footy figures

Remove this Banner Ad

If we go the attacking game plan, and don't have injuries, I'd say 4-5 wins out of 6. Could even go 6 depending.

However on historical early season form - 1/2 out of 6.

So much to look forward too. Whether it is pain or pleasure we won't know for a while.

Fair call to say he starts under the pump. A few wins will get the media off his back for the moment but a slow start could be disastrous - especially if the scrutiny and media focus reaches a fever pitch.

Pies and Eagles to play off in the GF.They recruited well in the off season.Wells & Lame(Pies),Petrie(Eagles).
Surely you jest? My sarcasm radar has been off lately.

I read the article in the OP in the paper yesterday and was a bit surprised.

Is 2017 really a make-or-break year for Gary Ablett? Premiership player. Club B&F in a premiership year. Twice. Two-time Brownlow Medallist. Eight time AA. 288 AFL games for 378 goals. Would it be stretching to say his already made? It'd have to be an OJ Simpson sized fall from grace for 2017 to break him.

Why do I expect the Hun to use the correct meaning of words? Why on earth do they have Ablett in the same bracket as Hardwick and Buckley?

I read the article in the OP in the paper yesterday and was a bit surprised.

Is 2017 really a make-or-break year for Gary Ablett? Premiership player. Club B&F in a premiership year. Twice. Two-time Brownlow Medallist. Eight time AA. 288 AFL games for 378 goals. Would it be stretching to say his already made? It'd have to be an OJ Simpson sized fall from grace for 2017 to break him.

Why do I expect the Hun to use the correct meaning of words? Why on earth do they have Ablett in the same bracket as Hardwick and Buckley?

Yep ... I know. Ridiculous.
A poor year from Ablett and he still has two Brownlows, a premiership, club best and fairest in a premiership year, eight All-Australians and 300 games.
Bloody at the crossroads is Gazza!

Harwick is already under the pump. The recruiters delivered what he needed and moved on the spuds. Prestia and Caddy will make Cotchin and Martin more outside and attacking. Any of this sideways crap starts to surface Round 1, then we are in for a long, unwatchable train wreck culminating in Hardwick's sacking. But I don't think that will happen.

blues win
pies win
wce loss
lions win
mel win
adel loss

That shapes our season. Melbourne game is our hoodoo match and I still have not forgiven the club for losing the Hafey tribute match.

Have this sneaky suspicion that under Balme, new coaches and recruitment, we will be off to a flyer.

Anything less than 3-3 and Hardwick must go imo. 3-3 buys him a few more weeks but only just. 6-0 and I will give his balls a jolly good spit polish

I was going to like this until the last few words. Then rethought.

Anything less than 3-3 and Hardwick must go imo. 3-3 buys him a few more weeks but only just. 6-0 and I will give his balls a jolly good spit polish

Under the love-fest that is Peggy, Benny and Dimma, 3-3 buys him at least to the end of the season, if not another year extension.
You know, like when Dimma says O’Neal and Gale as “two of the best administrators I’ve seen in my time” and says Richmond is “an outstandingly-run football club”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only the RFC was rich, or had the balls like a certain NFL team had this week. They extended their coaches contract pre-season, but still sacked him 3/4 of the way through the season when the team was grossly underperforming.

They knew he wasn't the one to take them forward so sacked him.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm. if only.................................

If only the RFC was rich, or had the balls like a certain NFL team had this week. They extended their coaches contract pre-season, but still sacked him 3/4 of the way through the season when the team was grossly underperforming.

They knew he wasn't the one to take them forward so sacked him.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm. if only.................................
Saints did it with Watters
Bombers with Knights
Dogs with Macca

Essendon was well off at the time, but the two are and were more poorly placed than us yet made a decision in the best interest for the club. They've both rocketed past us from where they were at the time relative to us.

This part of the article made me chuckle: "find a cohesive game plan that suits his list’s strengths"
We have tried to change the game plan previously only to change back to our old chip chip style. Lets see what happens 2017 if the game plan isn't workig 3 games in !!!

I am loving that we havent heard from Dimma at all.. he needs media training and learn to not say anything at times.

He could easily be gone by the bye rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back