News Buckley Responds to Robinson Tweet

Remove this Banner Ad

It's about time the AFL stepped in with regards to this bloke and shut him up. Robinson has time and time again made an absolute fool of himself with his comments and opinions.
Supposed to be a professional journalist but is showing he clearly doesn't have the intelligence to be given the media entitlements he is given.
For the chief football writer of the herald sun to be teeeting this is atrocious.

Great stuff from Coach.
Nathan does these things very well.
One of his fine qualities.

If I may also say, Taylor Adams has been a rock too.
I'm really liking what I hear about Taylor.

As much as i am no fan of Robbo and think he's better suited to New Idea and Womans Day than football analysis... his clumsy tweet has been taken out of proportion. And he's since apologised for it...

There's a dangerous trend in 21st century Western society towards a new blasphemy - hurting peoples feelings in politically incorrect ways.

As much as i am no fan of Robbo and think he's better suited to New Idea and Womans Day than football analysis... his clumsy tweet has been taken out of proportion. And he's since apologised for it...

There's a dangerous trend in 21st century Western society towards a new blasphemy - hurting peoples feelings in politically incorrect ways.

Live by the tweet, die by the tweet.

He's getting exactly what he deserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how so mate? what is the politically incorrect content here?
I hear what you are saying but the bloke holds a responsible position and as such needs to temper his personal opinions on certain matters. not ok what he tweeted given his self proclaimed, holier than thou position as the number 1 footy journalist. absolute flog of a bloke.

* him. He's a prick. He knows better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

how so mate? what is the politically incorrect content here?
I hear what you are saying but the bloke holds a responsible position and as such needs to temper his personal opinions on certain matters. not ok what he tweeted given his self proclaimed, holier than thou position as the number 1 footy journalist. absolute flog of a bloke.

Are we talking about Mark Robinson or Margaret Court. Either way, whether they are both high profile flogs or
everyday punters like us is irrespective...

They might have profile but they are not responsible for other people's feelings. This demand that high profile figures be infallible and constant role models is unrealistic, asking for their dishonesty and leads to the bland generic statements we all loathe to hear.

Yes, Robbo said something most people disagree with.. and may have hurt some feelings. Mental health is a serious social issue and therefore its politically incorrect to be a sceptic of someone's claims or make light of it. But the offence taken to Robbos comments needs to be taken in perspective.

When asked about it, Bucks should've taken the high road and ignored the Robbo part of it and just focused on what truly matters - publicly supporting Fas. But Bucks saw an opening to clip a bloke he doesn't particularly like and did so.

He wouldn't have tweeted that if it was an Essendon player.

The simple fact is that Robbo believes the media have a right to pretty much crucify AFL players because they are public figures.

How is this any different to him? A clumsy tweet, but he is an experienced journo who should know a lot better. A lot better than any young afl kid who has made an error of judgement in public.

So, he should cop it from all angles and accept it.

Nathan does these things very well.
One of his fine qualities.

If I may also say, Taylor Adams has been a rock too.
I'm really liking what I hear about Taylor.
Gee Saintly, I seem to be agreeing with you 100% with just about every one of your posts, totally with you about these two as well

Are we talking about Mark Robinson or Margaret Court. Either way, whether they are both high profile flogs or

They might have profile but they are not responsible for other people's feelings. This demand that high profile figures be infallible and constant role models is unrealistic, asking for their dishonesty and leads to the bland generic statements we all loathe to hear.

Yes, Robbo said something most people disagree with.. and may have hurt some feelings. Mental health is a serious social issue and therefore its politically incorrect to be a sceptic of someone's claims or make light of it. But the offence taken to Robbos comments needs to be taken in perspective.

When asked about it, Bucks should've taken the high road and ignored the Robbo part of it and just focused on what truly matters - publicly supporting Fas. But Bucks saw an opening to clip a bloke he doesn't particularly like and did so.

I can't say I agree here. Robbo is a journo and is fully aware he has an audience and the impact his teeets will have. The fact there has been outrage over his tweet (and his subsequent apology) sums up the magnitude of his carelessness.

So what was he exactly insinuating? That Faz doesn't actually have depression? I'm not an expert on the condition, but I'm sure that this sort of reaction is what prevents other sufferers to remain silent.

Gee Saintly, I seem to be agreeing with you 100% with just about every one of your posts, totally with you about these two as well
Great minds :) thinking alike

(And I have a feeling you will agree on that too;))

Great minds :) thinking alike

(And I have a feeling you will agree on that too;))

rubbish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back