News Buckley standing down; Robert Harvey interim coach for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of these changes were fast tracked by Buckley because he couldn't manage the different personalities within the lockeroom. That was his failing. Perfect example being Shaw going to GWS and playing 150 as one of the best running halfbacks.
Shaw yes but not the others. Shaw was abusing his captain on the field. Not sure that’s acceptable. We got Adams back who is our most important midfielder and quite a bit younger. A win/win for both clubs.

Tell me about all the others from the GF team.

He made a preliminary final in 2012 with a team that had hit its peak and was going through change.
I think people don’t quite understand that of the GF team, come 2013 Dale Thomas basically didn’t play a game, Ben Johnson retired, Didak, Ball and Jolly slowed considerably. Come 2014 Maxwell (Capt) retired, as did Ball, Jolly, Didak, Thomas gone, Heath Shaw gone and then Beams followed 2015. These guys were difficult to replace without recruiting A graders.

So that list turnover and without doubt he did have his short-comings as a new coach, proved very challenging.
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

Shaw yes but not the others. Shaw was abusing his captain on the field. Not sure that’s acceptable. We got Adams back who is our most important midfielder and quite a bit younger. A win/win for both clubs.

Tell me about all the others from the GF team.
I went through the list earlier.
Sick of this BS narrative people try use to talk down his performance as a senior coach. We get it, he wasn’t a great coach, but he was still a good coach for doing what he did - 5 finals series from 9 seasons.

View attachment 1151182
- Got Taylor Adams in for Shaw
- Cloke’s best years were under Buckley
- Goldsack, O’Brien, Toovey, Macaffer, Wellingham and Blair were never A graders
- Thomas and Reid were injury-prone for the rest of their careers
- Dawes and Brown never recaptured their best form at either Collingwood or other clubs
- Beams wanted to go to QLD

That leaves you with Sidebottom and Pendlebury. They almost nabbed Collingwood a flag in 2018.

I’m sick of that BS narrative that he had this dynasty infront of him that he didn’t capitalise on, because that is just crap.

what the irony bucks wins his last match as coach and the next coach will probably lose their first match. The irony.

would have rathered bucks go out a losser and won with the next new coach to usher in the new beginnings

Scott Pendlebury came in and pleaded with the umpire to change his call. All three came in, deliberated with each other, and decided to overturn the call. First time I have ever seen this happen. Cannot recall if happening before. Will this now become a trend? Now other players have seen it happen?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea how the boundary umpire paid it on the full in the first place. From his perspective, he couldn't possible know where it came off since it was at the front of Elliott's body

In a game against Carlton at the MCG in 2015, a Port Adelaide player marked the ball inside 50 and a Carlton player pleaded that he had touched it. The umpire overturned the mark decision and called for a ball up.

I get irony that Buckley winning his last game as he never won a flag as player or coach but I don't get the irony that the new coach loses in their first game - can you explain OP?
duh, its ironic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back