Buckley v Robbo on AFL 360

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd either think they invite Robbo in because he talks so much s**t, they want to show him what actually happens or, they're obligated to due to media rights.

Yet another ill-informed post on BF - Didn't Robbo have a feature piece in the HUN, on StKilda's preparation for the game against Melbourne - And he's a done few other like articles in the past - Yeah its all to do with media rights.

I forgot that Hird coaches StKilda !

Yet another ill-informed post on BF - Didn't Robbo have a feature piece in the HUN, on StKilda's preparation for the game against Melbourne - And he's a done few other like articles in the past - Yeah its all to do with media rights.

You're not fooling anyone Mark.

Bit of a strange, long stare given by Bucks towards Robbo when he asked him about Jesse White. Then he pulled himself up and answered the question, but ultimately didn't give him whathe wanted.

He clearly doesn't like the bloke. Dont know why.

But if ever I saw a bloke who loved the sound of his own voice, Nathan Buckley is him. Just friggen have a conversation. Stopped giving speeches. Ffs.

Bit of a strange, long stare given by Bucks towards Robbo when he asked him about Jesse White. Then he pulled himself up and answered the question, but ultimately didn't give him whathe wanted.

He clearly doesn't like the bloke. Dont know why.

But if ever I saw a bloke who loved the sound of his own voice, Nathan Buckley is him. Just friggen have a conversation. Stopped giving speeches. Ffs.

I'd say it's pretty damn obvious.

The difference between Buckley and Roos on 360 is that Roos knows the form, knows exactly how to answer a question he doesn't like without answering the question at all. Buckley seems incapable of answering questions he doesn't like.

I'd have thought by now Eddie would have had him prepped for the line of questioning that Robbo comes up with each week.

He also doesn't like any thinly veiled criticism, just look at his glare at Whateley last night when he highlighted the fact that despite some decent performances Collingwood lost their "4 big games" and were outside the 8.

I suspect this is more Buckley's issue to fix than anything, there's always going to people in the media that a coach doesn't like, they just need to get over it.

He wants to be like Clarko or RTB when handling the media but hasn't worked out what that entails yet. Fans love seeing the coaches treat the media types like they're scum, but more often than not, if it's not your club coach it comes across as childish.

Clubs will always tolerate the media if they think that they can use it for their own benefit. St Kilda, young side, newish coach, trying to build a profile in a media that is saturated with big clubs like Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Hawthorn and Carlton, whether for the right or wrong reasons.

North regularly allow the Channel 7 team to be in the rooms prior to games, Saints allowing Robbo to sit in the coaches box, Dogs are also very media friendly.

Why, cause their like the people involved?? No.

it's because they are simply trying to get their piece of airtime.

The difference between Buckley and Roos on 360 is that Roos knows the form, knows exactly how to answer a question he doesn't like without answering the question at all.

Which is why Roos shits me to tears. He's a warbler.

Last week there was this pure gold/trash
'He could've died gerard' and there was a slight head wobble when Yobbo delivered this heart wrenching pile of crap about a guy who fell off a bike. He is terrible, cringeworthy and constantly contrary from day to day. A steaming pile of s**t.

zvgHQA2.gif

The little fluttering of the eyelids and sucking on his bottom lip really makes it at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah can't stand Roosy in the media, he must be quite different and Gandalf-like "internally"
You're not far off the truth. I think people would be staggered if they knew how Roos speaks behind closed doors, not only to friends in the media but to his players and other coaches.

He's a supremely good politician when he puts on his media persona.

The difference between Buckley and Roos on 360 is that Roos knows the form, knows exactly how to answer a question he doesn't like without answering the question at all. Buckley seems incapable of answering questions he doesn't like.

I'd have thought by now Eddie would have had him prepped for the line of questioning that Robbo comes up with each week.

He also doesn't like any thinly veiled criticism, just look at his glare at Whateley last night when he highlighted the fact that despite some decent performances Collingwood lost their "4 big games" and were outside the 8.

I suspect this is more Buckley's issue to fix than anything, there's always going to people in the media that a coach doesn't like, they just need to get over it.

He wants to be like Clarko or RTB when handling the media but hasn't worked out what that entails yet. Fans love seeing the coaches treat the media types like they're scum, but more often than not, if it's not your club coach it comes across as childish.

Except Buckley doesn't do that at all. He keeps calm and level headed no matter what. Part of the joy in watching him take down Robbo is that he doesn't do it with aggression like Clarkson, Lyon or Malthouse, but with subtler statements that mainly read as being civil but actually undercut Robbo where it hurts (i.e. Robbo's desperate need to be thought of as having equal status with the players and coaches). He also seems to enjoy sparring (if you can use that term in reference to such a one sided contest) with Robbo rather than detesting the very notion of questions being put to him, like some ex Collingwood coaches.

Part of the joy in watching [Buckley] take down Robbo is that he doesn't do it with aggression... He also seems to enjoy sparring (if you can use that term in reference to such a one sided contest) with Robbo
The best way to defeat an old, drunk fool is to step out of the way and let him fall flat on his own face.

Reckon Buckley needs to learn about Geoff Hayward - Buckley had no idea that Robbo was referring to the lead character from The Club. Actualliy it's the best footy movie ever produced.

Except Buckley doesn't do that at all. He keeps calm and level headed no matter what. Part of the joy in watching him take down Robbo is that he doesn't do it with aggression like Clarkson, Lyon or Malthouse, but with subtler statements that mainly read as being civil but actually undercut Robbo where it hurts (i.e. Robbo's desperate need to be thought of as having equal status with the players and coaches). He also seems to enjoy sparring (if you can use that term in reference to such a one sided contest) with Robbo rather than detesting the very notion of questions being put to him, like some ex Collingwood coaches.

Passive aggressive is the phrase, and Buckley does seem to be a master.

Reckon Buckley needs to learn about Geoff Hayward - Buckley had no idea that Robbo was referring to the lead character from The Club. Actualliy it's the best footy movie ever produced.

Are there others?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back