Bucks on Foxtel at 6.00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched it on Kayo. It was okay, and Riewoldt does an okay job as an interviewer. But boy oh boy am I sick of the constant questions about how Buckley changed personally from 2017 to 2018. Every single interview he does seems to bring it up.

Would love to hear more about his interactions with the players and how he helps to make the club a positive environment for them.

I just watched it on Kayo. It was okay, and Riewoldt does an okay job as an interviewer. But boy oh boy am I sick of the constant questions about how Buckley changed personally from 2017 to 2018. Every single interview he does seems to bring it up.

Would love to hear more about his interactions with the players and how he helps to make the club a positive environment for them.

Must drive him Mad getting same question all the time

First thing my wife noticed was he wasn’t wearing his wedding ring. A woman thing I guess.
Hope things are okay on the home front. Not a riveting interview by any stretch.

He also referred to the “ boys” and not much to “family” or “wife and kids/boys”.

I’m probably reading into it too much, since all the rumours started.
That's not true at all. He also talked about how important it was for him to be a good husband, father, brother and son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don’t people worry less about other people’s personal lives and more about their own personal stuff.

Why don’t people worry less about other people’s personal lives and more about their own personal stuff.

I think that your question contains its own answer. My impression has always been that people enjoy speculating upon the personal lives of others in order to distract from the mundane reality of their own.

Some of the discussion around Bucks' life has been ordinary, to say the least.

I think that your question contains its own answer. My impression has always been that people enjoy speculating upon the personal lives of others in order to distract from the mundane reality of their own.

Nicely said.

I only mentioned the wedding ring as it was one of the first things the wife noticed & she hasn't heard any rumours nor cares.
If you look at how many viewers have watched crap reality tv like MAFS, Big Brother etc. It is basically for the very reasons you outlined.
I hope you don't watch them? Personally i'd rather enjoy my own family.

I only mentioned the wedding ring as it was one of the first things the wife noticed & she hasn't heard any rumours nor cares.
If you look at how many viewers have watched crap reality tv like MAFS, Big Brother etc. It is basically for the very reasons you outlined.
I hope you don't watch them? Personally i'd rather enjoy my own family.

This is the part where I back up a little bit, from fear that I've come across as a sanctimonious tosser.

I think it's fine if people are a bit curious about Buckley's marriage status, and I don't mind an odd piece of gossip myself on occasion. Anyone who enjoys reading biographies or memoir of notable types has a reasonable interest in the intersection between public and private lives, and that's fair enough. My comment was more driven by my disgust at the level of speculation surrounding Buckley, and the way in which people use those rumours to denigrate people they know little about.

This is the part where I back up a little bit, from fear that I've come across as a sanctimonious tosser.

I think it's fine if people are a bit curious about Buckley's marriage status, and I don't mind an odd piece of gossip myself on occasion. Anyone who enjoys reading biographies or memoir of notable types has a reasonable interest in the intersection between public and private lives, and that's fair enough. My comment was more driven by my disgust at the level of speculation surrounding Buckley, and the way in which people use those rumours to denigrate people they know little about.

Has there been a wide level of speculation? This thread was the first I'd heard about the rumours. It's not the kind of thing I pay attention to though.

Has there been a wide level of speculation? This thread was the first I'd heard about the rumours. It's not the kind of thing I pay attention to though.

You'll find all the gore and gossip on the main board, not the Collingwood board.

You'll find all the gore and gossip on the main board, not the Collingwood board.
The tough thing with these issues is that any kind of discussion helps to spread it. Those in this thread who have been critical of the gossip have played a part in sending me to the main board to read about it, even though I really couldn't care if Bucks is married or not.

Se you all later, I'll be back after poking my nose in something that isn't any of my business.

The tough thing with these issues is that any kind of discussion helps to spread it. Those in this thread who have been critical of the gossip have played a part in sending me to the main board to read about it, even though I really couldn't care if Bucks is married or not.

Se you all later, I'll be back after poking my nose in something that isn't any of my business.

Too hard. Thread didn't jump out on the first page. Really don't care enough to search.

Thread has gone now as it should have been.

Like you I don't care if Bucks is married or not. The problem that I have with social media is that what was posted about Tania and Nathan was vile and once it is posted it is there forever. What happens if the boys do a simple google? That's the stuff I find deplorable.

First thing my wife noticed was he wasn’t wearing his wedding ring. A woman thing I guess.
Hope things are okay on the home front. Not a riveting interview by any stretch.

There are some Rumors going around about his Marrige Falling Apart

Thread has gone now as it should have been.

Like you I don't care if Bucks is married or not. The problem that I have with social media is that what was posted about Tania and Nathan was vile and once it is posted it is there forever. What happens if the boys do a simple google? That's the stuff I find deplorable.

Well Social Media is Full of Dickheads so that does not surprise me at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back