News Bucks signs till 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Nathan Buckley has extended his contract with Collingwood until the end of the 2021 season

COLLINGWOOD has officially locked away coach Nathan Buckley for the next three seasons.

As flagged by AFL.com.au, Buckley has added 2020 and 2021 to his existing deal for this season.

Just 18 months after surviving an intense whole-club review and earning a two-year contract extension until the end of the 2019 season, Buckley's new commitment comes off a Grand Final berth last year.

"With 22 days to go, we did want to lock and load some of our off-field leadership as well," chief executive Mark Anderson told the club's playing group.

"I'm rapt to announce, on behalf of the board, that we've extended Bucks for season 2020 and 2021.

"We're not at our destination, (in) 22 days we start that next chapter. What we're absolutely sure about is that Bucks is the person that's going to lead us through the next three seasons."

The three-year extension will ensure Buckley becomes a 10-year coach at the Pies, the tenure as AFL great Leigh Matthews (1986-1995) enjoyed.

Jock McHale (1912-1949), Phonse Kyne (1950-1963) and Mick Malthouse (2000-2011) sit among the club's longest serving coaches.

Congrats on a well deserved extension Bucks! Very very happy for him!!

Last edited:

Is this the new Bucks thread for 2019? :p

Well done Bucks I always had faith in you. :$

Good to lock it away before the season starts and the media start looking for stories to create.
Let’s keep that momentum going into 2019

Sensible. Hopefully a pay rise for him too.

Richo at the St Kilda Aints will be gone by rd 6. Maybe he can return to our coaching staff in some capacity?
I’ve not quite got the fascination with Richardson myself.
Though to his credit he’s given it a good go.
Hasn’t got much of a list by the looks. And they dropping like flies too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I didn't but I may have been mistaken.
Doesn’t matter when you have such a good avatar.

Am I right, right, right, right....

1A55A329-9197-4D03-B389-DABF9DDCC298.gif

Still no silverware...
Must have been several clubs clamouring for his signature for the club to act so early.
That or Ed.......
Still no silverware...
Must have been several clubs clamouring for his signature for the club to act so early.

That or Ed.......

So how do you explain the LEGEND that is Ross Lyon?

Well, it’s not my club, so........
Just a little concerned that once again we appear happy to settle for second place.
It’s our history I suppose. And Crowded House got it wrong.

The signing doesn’t suggest that at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back