News Bucks signs till 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is nothing worse than an internet forum hall monitor
Or a Brisbane player sponsor masquerading as a Collingwood supporter - just saying

I think the impact of both Hocking and Longmuir in 2018 was underappreciated by the wider football community so extending their contracts or any of the other line coaches that sought it is something I could support.

The only query I have around extending later in the year is what if 2019 is a down year? Let’s say 2018 was one out of the box and we’re languishing in the bottom 10 ala 14-17, how long do you extend for? For me the result of last year clearly left Buckley with credits in the bank, there’s absolutely no doubting that, but a further two years would be tough to justify in the midst of a fifth down year out of six and a one year deal just throws the pressure onto 2020. I’m sure people could just as easily argue it’s a case of damned if you do damned if you don’t were they to extend by one year now, but for me that sort of deal is the best of both worlds.

I guess overall this is a positive thread for those that backed Buckley, but it just leaves me feeling somewhat uncomfortable. That’s all from me 👍
I share the same thoughts. Just because we had an awesome year in 2018, shouldn't mean we should forget how dire 2015-2017 was.

The decision didn't need to be made right now while Buckley still had a contract for the season and was only just recently extended after the review.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back