Roast Bucks Starts The Booing Debate

Should the thread be shut down

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be a chance as long as you keep quiet about the corporates and nod when she starts talking.

i know my place now...it's taken years. Besides I'm not against the corporates. I just want a percentage of the take. The only problem is that she hangs out with Tony and he has that budgie thing going.

it's strange...that's what the old money does in its spare time in australia....but in the US, the trumpites love that stuff... maybe we're not all that different

Trumpites love Blackadder? Well it’s usually a healthy thing to focus on your similarities rather than differences…

Trumpites love Blackadder? Well it’s usually a healthy thing to focus on your similarities rather than differences…

No, dressing up in medieval costumes. They love it. I went to the US years ago and all the relgious right get into costumes on weekends..

Iirc they did.

Swans coach John Longmire, who welcomed the Pies’ “strong” stance, said Franklin was not aware of the jeers from the crowd.

“He’s good, he’s fine, he just wants to focus on his footy,” Longmire said. “Very simple. He didn’t hear it during the game, he just wants to get on to the footy side of things. That’s what he’s focused on. He’s fine,” Longmire said on Tuesday.
Buddy didn’t hear it
Fly didn’t hear it
Longmire didn’t hear it
Commentators never mentioned it
I was there and didn’t hear it.
Non issue, move on.

actually, booing is allowed....even encouraged... you have to pick your verses

Picking your verses is definitely against the Bible. As is finding contradictory verses.

Maybe there is a lesson in that for you, in that the crowd treated him as just another player.
The booing was colourblind.
Only the guernsey colours mattered.

People weren't worried about perception because they didn't stop to give him special treatment for his skin colour and race.
Actually Loki, I've been trained and the lesson I've learnt is to learn as much as I can about the cultures I work with and to adjust my behaviour accordingly.

The world's changed Loki. It's not about skin colour; it's about culture. We no longer pressure our Muslim mates to get on the piss and hang s**t on them if they don't. And we employ cultural inclusion officers to help us adjust and adapt to be more inclusive of different cultures. Get on board. Cultural diversity rocks.

Picking your verses is definitely against the Bible. As is finding contradictory verses.

noooo...searching the bible to find stuff that supports your views. There's no need to find contradiction. The book is flexible. It's got a bad reputation among wokes and atheists.

Actually Loki, I've been trained to learn as much as I can about the cultures I work with and to adjust my behaviour accordingly.

The world's changed Loki. It's not about skin colour, it's about culture. We no longer pressure our Muslim mates to get on the piss and hang s**t on them if they don't. And we employ cultural inclusion officers to help us adjust and adapt to be more inclusive of different cultures. Get on board. Cultural diversity rocks.

This is like a less important version of the booing debate...

Actually Loki, I've been trained to learn as much as I can about the cultures I work with and to adjust my behaviour accordingly.

The world's changed Loki. It's not about skin colour, it's about culture. We no longer pressure our Muslim mates to get on the piss and hang s**t on them if they don't. And we employ cultural inclusion officers to help us adjust and adapt to be more inclusive of different cultures. Get on board. Cultural diversity rocks.

I'm not off the board mate, you are talking to someone who grew up in regional outback with a large indigenous community, have relatives who are indigenous and friends.
Worked in mining with Tongan and Maori mates and then moved to FNQ and gained many friends from different nationalities.
You don't have to be a suckhole or a protester to have diversity of friends.

I can say what I say as I have lived experiences, they are my truths that sometimes city folk will never experience or understand.
I am not against many things spoken of but there are topics and what I call wankfest woke agendas that I don't rally behind and make it known.

It's okay to be White, have white culture or protect certain values that you hold dear. Whilst a lot has changed and mostly for the betterment of society, not every change is good or will end in a good outcome.

this is why when you get left enough, you meet up with the righties coming around from the other side. I dont have a preference between getting verballed about transgender stuff and the various requirements of the christian churches. Lets get the christian counsellors out of schools too. They've been poisoning kids minds for decades. Ban kids from getting indoctrinated ....full stop.

I don't disagree with that stance either, if people want their kids to have a Christian back ground go to church.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree with that stance either, if people want their kids to have a Christian back ground go to church.

To tell you the truth, and i know this steps on the toes of those who think they own their kids, I dont think parents should be allowed to allow their kids to be indoctrinated. Even Jesus waited until people were adults to "turn" them. Kids are so easily influenced.

No, dressing up in medieval costumes. They love it. I went to the US years ago and all the relgious right get into costumes on weekends..
Well, they did grow up playing D&D.

I don't Boo and don't see the point in people doing it, I was at the game (Corporate box and not the crowd) so I might have missed something but never once though the boos were race related.

Pies were fired up and honestly the Sydney players were just feral off the ball for the first quarter.

I don't see why the club decided to apologise and make this bigger then what it was.

It's really a double standard which is my biggest problem with it all, It's OK for supporters to boo Papley, JHF, Ginni etc but not Buddy because he is Indigenous and people just want to make it a race thing.

No point losing sleep over it, anyone with half a brain knows how it all works now in this country and society in general.

I don't Boo and don't see the point in people doing it, I was at the game (Corporate box and not the crowd) so I might have missed something but never once though the boos were race related.

Pies were fired up and honestly the Sydney players were just feral off the ball for the first quarter.

I don't see why the club decided to apologise and make this bigger then what it was.

It's really a double standard which is my biggest problem with it all, It's OK for supporters to boo Papley, JHF, Ginni etc but not Buddy because he is Indigenous and people just want to make it a race thing.

No point losing sleep over it, anyone with half a brain knows how it all works now in this country and society in general.

You may not have been in australia a few years ago when Adam Goodes was booed. The reasons given in the early stages was that the booing was in response to staging for free kicks. There is a point of view that the clubs wanted to make a stand early on in the piece because there was complaints that Goodes wasn't supported by the clubs and afl.

I just don't get booing. What is our supporter base made up of a whole cohort of 10 year olds? So childish.
The irony is that ten year olds would be better behaved.

I just don't get booing. What is our supporter base made up of a whole cohort of 10 year olds? So childish.

I must admit that when I'm at the football and I look across at the people beside me and they're booing, I do question how smart they are. Terrible stereotypical judgement but I cant help myself doing it. But I recognise that they are probably built that way.

i'd like to ask if you booed in the past when you were pissed in the legends area...but i know you cant remember...
In my early 20s I was pretty bad. That was a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back