Rumour Buddy back to Hawks.

It's a little different because Croad didn't want to leave the Hawks like Buddy did. He was traded against his will.

0d8717d8bb6408d93ac4c8dd4ac4cc3f.jpg

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Straight swap for the not as good Chad?

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
32, injury (and strike) prone, supposedly heavily back ended contract, and currently sitting 23rd in the Coleman.

He's worth more to Hawthorn dragging Sydney down than he'd be worth for us on the field, even if we can get Sydney to pay some of his remaining contract.

Aren't his two biggest contract years (by amount) 2021, then 2020?

I can't see any club willing to take him on.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Red wings, Tigers, Patriots
As would I

He's a turncoat traitor.

I dislike who he went to, but it’s free agency it is what it is. But at his age, his contract, what it would cost to bring him back, and the output he has left isn’t worth it. He can retire a swan, or whatever other club wants him, just not back at hawthorn.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last I heard they didn't agree to join the team they lost the grand final against a short time after the grand final itself ;)

What's worse - winning 2 flags with your side, and leaving for millions OR leaving your club before you do anything and telling the club that in 2 hours you will get on a plane and never come back??

What's worse - winning 2 flags with your side, and leaving for millions OR leaving your club before you do anything and telling the club that in 2 hours you will get on a plane and never come back??

The first one
At best Buddy should have been a 1 premiership player. As far as I'm concerned the premiership medal he got in 2013 belongs to its true rightful owner MATT SPANGHER.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Last I heard they didn't agree to join the team they lost the grand final against a short time after the grand final itself ;)

And how do we know he didn't choose his new team BEFORE the grand final. 4 behinds. FOUR BEHINDS! Mostly joking, but really nobody on his side would be willing to admit he'd been considering Sydney already, and maybe they needed an extra year to shuffle the cap around to make it happen.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I dislike who he went to, but it’s free agency it is what it is. But at his age, his contract, what it would cost to bring him back, and the output he has left isn’t worth it. He can retire a swan, or whatever other club wants him, just not back at hawthorn.

One thing is for sure, he would have attracted another 10,000 fairweathers to the game on Sunday.
14,000 in attendance for a game at the MCG is disgraceful.

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
32, injury (and strike) prone, supposedly heavily back ended contract, and currently sitting 23rd in the Coleman.

He's worth more to Hawthorn dragging Sydney down than he'd be worth for us on the field, even if we can get Sydney to pay some of his remaining contract.

LOL he hasn't played the last 3 games

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Traded away their long-term prosperity for short-term gains with this back-loaded 9 year deal. Will only hurt the swans more as they get deeper into it.

Back