Buddy Elbow -how many week?

Would think it would be similar to the Shuey? one a couple of weeks ago. It was determined careless, low impact and high contact. Only difference they could genuinely argue would be medium impact. Careless, medium and high is 1 match, which is probably fair enough. Considering the player didn't go off, didn't get treatment, played out the game anything higher than medium impact and the MRO will be challenged.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would think it would be similar to the Shuey? one a couple of weeks ago. It was determined careless, low impact and high contact. Only difference they could genuinely argue would be medium impact. Careless, medium and high is 1 match, which is probably fair enough. Considering the player didn't go off, didn't get treatment, played out the game anything higher than medium impact and the MRO will be challenged.

Shueys was very different.

buddy knew the ball was out of bounds with the ply about to stop, looked and elbowed Ryan. Has to be classed as intentional.

I get sticking up for your own team and I really like watching buddy too, but that’s easily a week, maybe 2.

buddy knew the ball was out of bounds with the ply about to stop, looked and elbowed Ryan. Has to be classed as intentional.

I get sticking up for your own team and I really like watching buddy too, but that’s easily a week, maybe 2.
Umm Shuey's was after the whistle was blown and therefore play had stopped, same as stepping over the line. He also knew the player was there as he tried to "break the tackle" as the player was holding on. Not so different at all. No doubt, I expect a week. If they manage to try for two weeks it will be challenged.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should be a week. But I think the afl want him to get his 1000 goal this season.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
No. Just on the optics alone has to get a week.

The AFL disregards optics. If there's nothing in the injury report - and Ryan played the match out - reckon he'll be let off.

Of course "potential for serious injury" is present, but the AFL picks and chooses when they roll that one out.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Yeah I agree. He even switched the ball to his other hand before doing it. I think intentional & low impact. 1 week. Could be 2 weeks if they determine it to be medium impact but that's hard to argue given Ryan was fine.

Back