deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Hawkins had a long period of throwing jumper punches before he was finally pinged.

This was insufficient force. Despite the jaw wobbling.

View attachment 1189574

Stratton had a strong jaw. Someone with a glass jaw probably drops to the ground.

Similar to the time he punched Grant Birchall square on the jaw a few years ago near the boundary one match. I was only sitting 4/5 rows back, it rocked Birchalls head back and he had bit of a stagger on but before he could remonstrate about 2 or 3 Hawks tackled Hawkins to the ground - amazingly no report came of it...?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Similar to the time he punched Grant Birchall square on the jaw a few years ago near the boundary one match. I was only sitting 4/5 rows back, it rocked Birchalls head back and he had bit of a stagger on but before he could remonstrate about 2 or 3 Hawks tackled Hawkins to the ground - amazingly no report came of it...?

Yep. He may get penalised a lot now. But he was protected for years.

Buddy is the opposite. Was penalised a lot when younger but since moving to the Swans has had an easy ride.

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
There's heaps of examples of the MRO being completely useless that don't include the swans as well.

It's not a conspiracy, they're just ******* useless.

If the AFL is looking to save a buck they could probably "re evaluate" Michael Christian and Jeff Gleesons contracts

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
MRO probably thought that if you're facing away from the play laying a block 25m off the ball you probably deserve to be chinned and worse.

Yet Hartigan got 3 weeks for doing the exact same thing. But in that case the ball was 80m away not 25.

Also Heeney had insufficient force but broke his hand... hrmmmm.....

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's done & dusted mate.
Move on.

That's right! You can't. You miss Buddy.

Nah. We won 2014 and 2015 without him. I wish him all the best.

$10m and 2 flags is his legacy. Could have been $6m and 4 flags.

Im sure that extra $4m totally changes his lifestyle. I dont know how anyone can live on only $1m a year in Sydney.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably been discussed at length but geez that 360 stat last night was damning. 17 tribunal appearances for a total of 7 weeks. That suggests a little bit of lenient treatment
Where's Toby Greene at as well? Possibly a worse record than Buddy, with less time in the game.

Million dollar Buddy isn't too concerned about a $1000 fine.

And for comparision, where's Tom Hawkins at?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Where's Toby Greene at as well? Possibly a worse record than Buddy, with less time in the game.

Million dollar Buddy isn't too concerned about a $1000 fine.

And for comparision, where's Tom Hawkins at?

9 charges, 6 times tribunal, 6 suspensions I think.
And only one of them- his errant swinging arm against west coast in the 2019 semi final - was in the same league as what buddy just dodged

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
The tears. They fuel me.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry what? Acknowledging he swung his arm into an opponents face was downplaying it? Righto petal.

Alrighty tough guy
In no way was that errant...and in no way can it be compared to what Buddy did.

Buddy's wasn't errant either but at least the guy who copped it could wrestle with him immediately after instead of eating grass and being checked on by Buddy to see if he was ok.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Alrighty tough guy
In no way was that errant...and in no way can it be compared to what Buddy did.

Buddy's wasn't errant either but at least the guy who copped it could wrestle with him immediately after instead of eating grass and being checked on by Buddy to see if he was ok.

It was errant in that if he got him anywhere else he MAY have gotten off, as it was he smacked him in the face. I’m not trying to be tough I’m simply baffled that you’d somehow take umbrage at me actually highlighting one of his indiscretions.

sorry but someone getting an opponent in the face with the inside of the forearm IS comparable to someone elbowing an opponent in the face with their elbow. They’re both suspendible and always should be.

and If it will settle the anxiety I can link you to the footage of Hawkins checking on him immediately afterwards. It took all of about 3 seconds to find.

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It was errant in that if he got him anywhere else he MAY have gotten off, as it was he smacked him in the face. I’m not trying to be tough I’m simply baffled that you’d somehow take umbrage at me actually highlighting one of his indiscretions.

sorry but someone getting an opponent in the face with the inside of the forearm IS comparable to someone elbowing an opponent in the face with their elbow. They’re both suspendible and always should be.

and If it will settle the anxiety I can link you to the footage of Hawkins checking on him immediately afterwards. It took all of about 3 seconds to find.

Nah all good. I just personally found it humorous the way you called that Hawkins hit on Schoey. To me they aren't comparable.
The fact Hawkins checked on him was my point. That's how good he got him. Buddy's opponent was immediately wrestling with him after it Hawkins had to check if his bloke was still breathing ie. no where near same force as they both connected.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Nah all good. I just personally found it humorous the way you called that Hawkins hit on Schoey. To me they aren't comparable.
The fact Hawkins checked on him was my point. That's how good he got him. Buddy's opponent was immediately wrestling with him after it Hawkins had to check if his bloke was still breathing ie. no where near same force as they both connected.

s**t sorry I mis-read the last bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back