Aboriginal & TSI Buddy Franklin 1000th goal countdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering he will be the first Indigenous Player and maybe the last to do so in a very long time, it's something worth celebrating and looking forward to (although probably not this year, unless The Swans get their act together)

Have to wonder if the AFL will let fans run onto the ground and celebrate the feat, given the age of terrorism and global security threats we live in.

Regardless Buddy is a legend of the game, and we should celebrate every game he has left

Considering he will be the first Indigenous Player and maybe the last to do so in a very long time, it's something worth celebrating and looking forward to (although probably not this year, unless The Swans get their act together)

Have to wonder if the AFL will let fans run onto the ground and celebrate the feat, given the age of terrorism and global security threats we live in.

Regardless Buddy is a legend of the game, and we should celebrate every game he has left

The AFL explicitly banned everyone from going on the ground before his 100th in 08, one of my favourite ever commentators qoutes 'people power has spoken'

The AFL explicitly banned everyone from going on the ground before his 100th in 08, one of my favourite ever commentators qoutes 'people power has spoken'

I was there, I ran on, good times.

Such a pity that killjoy arsehole Clarko deprived Fev of his 100th goal at the same game, one of the most petty and spiteful things I have ever seen a coach and team do, tbh.

Such a pity that killjoy arsehole Clarko deprived Fev of his 100th goal at the same game, one of the most petty and spiteful things I have ever seen a coach and team do, tbh.
Sports culture is strange, 99 goals much like 99 in a cricket match is in the who gives a s**t category, yet a single extra goal/run has you etched into history forever.

Franklin's is one of the greatest seasons ever and hardly anyone talks of Fevs

Surely it doesn't really count if the other team needs to help you get there.

As for the OP...Call me when he's on 980-odd, not when he's probably got over a season to go.

Lol the umps gifted him the 99th. Then Clarko put an extra man back in front of him for 30 seconds which didn't even affect play, the ball went down the Hawk's end then he removed the extra man. Fev only had himself to blame, missed some easy shots early on.

Considering he will be the first Indigenous Player and maybe the last to do so in a very long time, it's something worth celebrating and looking forward to
If the game continues on the path it is taking he will be the last person to do so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unlikely this season but be nice if it happened that way. Looking fwd to the pitch invasion either way :thumbsu:

Such a soft viewpoint.

Maybe thats why he is one of the greatest coaches of all time, because he'll gift the opposition nothing.

If fev had have chased as hard as he did on 99 goals all year he'd have kicked 199.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was there too. Do u remember that they had 2-3 around Buddy up until the 100? How quick blues fans forget. Fev was payback from Clarko. Only returned the favour. Suck it up.

Fevola should of tried to be a better player TBH

Such a soft viewpoint.

Maybe thats why he is one of the greatest coaches of all time, because he'll gift the opposition nothing.

If fev had have chased as hard as he did on 99 goals all year he'd have kicked 199.
So are you saying Fev was a potentially greater FF than Franklin?

Lol why should Clarkson gift some chit campaigner from another team goals so he can achieve a personal record?

Last edited:
Lol why should Clarkson gift some chit campaigner from another team goals so he can achieve a personal record?

This has often mystified me. It's professional sport, you don't "give" the opposition anything. Facts were, Hawks were starting a finals campaign the following week, Carlton had a bit of a run on, so it was more an exercise in locking the opposition out. Fevola's 100th would have had nothing to do with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back