Buddy Franklin - 300 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect as a RFA signing we have to include the entire contract value in each year even if he retires and gets no payments.

AFL confirmed this at the time of his signing.

Hawks had to do the same with Vickerys contracted amounts after he retired
Fair enough I didn't realise. Sucks for Sydney then

Haha! You talk so much crap mate. Righto, he isn’t a Wayne Carey when it comes to a pack mark, he just runs like someone half his size, has the best agility for a big man to probably ever play, kicks anything from the 50, and is hardly beaten one on one.

The fact you continue to knock him compared to the greats shows how little you actually know about the game.
Some glaring logic problems here 'mate'.
Yes, he runs like someone half his size; but so do all the players half his size! You see?
Yes, has great agility for a big man; but doesn't display any of the skills big men usually have (i.e. high marking). You see?
Case closed.
Do I win anything?

Yes, he runs like someone half his size; but so do all the players half his size! You see?
Yes, has great agility for a big man; but doesn't display any of the skills big men usually have (i.e. high marking). You see?
Case closed.
Do I win anything?
The dick of the thread title.

Congrats.

27 goals from 10 games. Probably not at peak fitness in all those games. Would be in Coleman contention again with a full season. Only Brown and Cameron average more goals this season. So 1000 goals look achievable...

Congrats.

27 goals from 10 games. Probably not at peak fitness in all those games. Would be in Coleman contention again with a full season. Only Brown and Cameron average more goals this season. So 1000 goals look achievable...

Yep. He had quite a few games in the games he played this season where he was still building fitness from being injured, and after 2 or 3 games you really noticed his improvement. Pity the seasons over now as in a few weeks Buddy would be firing. Could have easily won the Coleman this year if not for injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just have the ability to think for myself and formulate my own opinions.
Also, I've probably seen a lot more footy than most; so I'm cheating a bit.
I doubt you have but good you can have watched so much of the game and still be so horribly wrong about it.
As in your opinion he isn't in the top 200 players ever you won't have an issue in naming 15-20 who have been better in the same time as Buddy has played.
Should be a very amusing list

I just have the ability to think for myself and formulate my own opinions.
Also, I've probably seen a lot more footy than most; so I'm cheating a bit.

you need a concussion test,

Case closed.
Do I win anything?
Strong ignorance-to-overconfidence correlation on display here.

This thread is packed with posters providing detailed statistical analysis from a variety of angles to reinforce the case that Franklin is one of the modern greats, and you have come up with some lame half-arsed opinion.

Maybe engage with the points various posters have made instead of just telling us how knowledgeable you are.

And do go ahead and provide us with your list of the 200 players you rate above Franklin, and your criteria for their selection.

I doubt you have but good you can have watched so much of the game and still be so horribly wrong about it.
As in your opinion he isn't in the top 200 players ever you won't have an issue in naming 15-20 who have been better in the same time as Buddy has played.
Should be a very amusing list

I'd put Peter Brock, Alan Moffit, Craig Lownes well above Buuuday, ........ oh sorry are you talking about football and not his driving ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back