Toast Buddy Franklin - 700 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Buddy is odds on to kick his 700th this weekend against his old club and whilst most of them were kicked in brown and gold, I'm sure Swans fans can't wait to celebrate with their adopted favourite son.

He's already an all time legend and should slide into the top 20 sometime in the next few rounds.

He's an outside chance of catching the duck this year (727) and on track to move into the top 10 (817) some time in 2017.

So, how high do you think he can go? I reckon barring injury he's an outside chance to move past Gazza Snr (1030) into the top 5. Kick a few more and he passes Doug Wade (1057) to max out at 4th all time as Dunstall (1254) is beyond him.

So here's to the big man and let's just hope he can add a flag or two to his growing legacy north of the border.

We should also probably mention the players behind him. Pav (654) and Riewolt (639) are the only active players within 200 of him and I don't see either of them making it to 700 unless they play on into 2017 which seems very unlikely.

Could Buddy be the last member of the 700 club? Seems insane when you consider the record is almost double that number but it just shows how much the game has changed.

Buddy is so lucky he racked up the majority at Hawthorn. With our midfield delivery he'd be lucky to be on 70 career goals right now.

Realistically, what return can be expected from Buddy by the end of his career goal-wise?

1300? More? Less?
Has 7.5 more seasons with us, at the current rate of 60-70 per year he would close in on 1200 :drunk:

Would be stoked to see Bud reach 1,000.

Will be hard, as he will probably start to slow down in few years time. But if he does play out his contract at Sydney, surely he will reach it.

Just hope he doesn't reach 700 this weekend :p.

Edit: if he plays out his contract should reach 1,100.

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 10.55.03 am.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll be motivated to make it to 1000.

The talk is always about Buddy being a team player which is true but he's still mindful of his stats. I remember a conversation between he and Lockett where Buddy was pumping him up about his per game average. Lockett had no idea but you could tell how in awe Buddy was of his numbers.

Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing and I certainly don't think selfishness would impact his play but I absolutely think he will be motivated by his potential place in history.

Nothing wrong with the thread title, it's merely drawing attention to the fact that Buddy is close to 700 goals.

He is very likely to get it this week and SS has been posting this morning.

realistically he has 4 years at close to his best, maybe 50 per, that's 200, just need 100 from the reaming years to get 1000. 1300 is a pipe dream though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back