Competitions Buddy - How many Goals? (Poll)

How many goals will Buddy kick in 2014?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm tipping:

63 goals
51 behinds
6 Brownlow votes
954 bütthurt comments on the Hawthorn board
18,982 tears from tazhawk

Dont know but I am certain there will be far too many behinds.

My thoughts are that Buddy and Tippett as a pair will average about 45 points a game over the season. TBH the pressure is all on the midfield to take the best option when entering 50.

I'm thinking 60 is break even. What chance another ton?

Yep, I agree 60 is break even. Given Tippet should be looking for the same then I can't see Buddy cracking the 100 which has been hard to do anyway over recent history. I think we have far too many options in the forward line, let alone the way our mids kick a heap of goals anyway for him to get 100.

The interesting thing is that I reckon playing the SCG will suit him goal wise. This goes against conventional (wishful) thinking from the opposition fans but he is a big boy that wins his own footy and space through strength and athleticism and pings goals from long range anyway. The SCG will provide plenty of that for him if he loiters around the goal side area of the centre square.

I will settle on

82 goals
65 behinds
The Coleman
12 Brownlows
over 9,000 offended comments by the end of round 1 on the Hawthorn bored (yes that spelling is correct)
20,000 + 1 tears tears from tazhawk, (he will crack the 20k Swansfan51)

I'm more interested in the group as a unit.

Until we know how he is going to be utilised, predicting Buddy's goal haul is just an uneducated guesstimate....

Personally though (If he gets played up the ground)

68 Goals
47 Behinds
16 Brownlow Votes
1 Premiership
Top 5 Finish in best and fairest

(Although TripleB is right in saying that until we know how Buddy is utilised and predicting is an uneducated guesstimate, it is still fun to speculate and fantasise about)

Be very interesting to see how all the talls are deployed in the forward line. Agree that the mids are going to have to be very clear about their target going into 50. I think we became too Tippett centric but now with Franklin, Goodes and Reid all in the fwd line there should be plenty of choice, just pick the BEST one please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha , imagine storming out of the centre with the ball, you look forward and Tippett, Franklin, Reid and Goodes are all on the lead. Gulp. A nice problem to have.

Ha ha , imagine storming out of the centre with the ball, you look forward and Tippett, Franklin, Reid and Goodes are all on the lead. Gulp. A nice problem to have.

Even more so if you're Heath Grundy! "Which boundary side do I kick it out on the full to?!"

Over a season I'd like to see 5 combined goals a week out for Buddy and Tippo. Anything over that will be very nice. :thumbsu:

On a wing? Richo nearly won the brownlow playing on the wing in his twilight.
That's how I see it, with tippet playing outa the sq, buddy can win plenty of the ball like Richo could and is a long loping kick in...being a small ground I couldn't see two x tall timber working at i50 on scg, maybe on bigger away grounds perhaps

That's how I see it, with tippet playing outa the sq, buddy can win plenty of the ball like Richo could and is a long loping kick in...being a small ground I couldn't see two x tall timber working at i50 on scg, maybe on bigger away grounds perhaps
Yeah we also tried it with Jesse White and he played one of his best games for us but then we didn't persist with it and he was traded.

SCG needs to rethought as a small ground, imo. Apparently they added 5m in length to the playing area. If they use all this gain than that makes the
SCG 154m by 136m

MCG 160m by 141m

Etihad
159.5m by 128.8m

The Gabba 156m by 136m is not called small from memory, so the SCG, if they use the whole 5m, is little different.

SCG needs to rethought as a small ground, imo. Apparently they added 5m in length to the playing area. If they use all this gain than that makes the
SCG 154m by 136m

MCG 160m by 141m

Etihad
159.5m by 128.8m

The Gabba 156m by 136m is not called small from memory, so the SCG, if they use the whole 5m, is little different.

Agree. Actually it's even slightly better than that.

It's apparently only going to be 5m shorter and 5m narrower than the MCG. So that would put it at:

155m by 136m :D

Back