News Buddy & Lloyd - 40-Man AA squad, Buddy named AA captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Or the swans just have the wrong captain /leadership group
Whether or not they do isn't relevant to what I said.

So unless you have the C against your name you don’t qualify as a captain or a leader? I would have thought this year as the only experienced forward he has shown leadership qualities.
I agree with that and believe that he has, but Hurn is Captain, and of the team that came second. If nominating someone as Captain is about being the best captain, then he should have got it. If it's about being special or the best of the best, then it goes Bud!

So in your opinion only players that are captains of their respective teams should be captains of the AA team? That rules out a lot of wonderful players over the years.

Buddy has been selected as the hypothetical captain of a hypothetical team! Surely the captaincy is simply a nod to him being the most capped player in said hypothetical team.
If it's about the best of the best, then it's Buds and should have been last year too. If it's about Captaincy, then it should have gone to Hurn.

Imo, it detracts from its validity when it's not about Captaincy

I'm giving up on the argument, trying to validate a hypothetical captain of a hypothetical team is doing my head in :drunk:

I've been thinking about Mason Cox.

We'll have to ponder the first All-Australian, All American, Girl Next door Collingwood Ruckman Mason Cox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back