Injury Buddy out for up to 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughy's kicked 30-ish goals this year spending half his time rucking and people still want him CHB?

We are smashing the scoreboard to bits and our backline is gelling beautifully.

In: Hodge, Buddy and Guerra and there's our best team IMO.

What happened? I thought the world was supposed to end when we lined up without Buddy...

Probably an error on my part then to sell my car, house and wife for my all-night bender on Saturday night.

I fully believe he isn't injured and will play against Collingwood. My thoughts are they wanted to get some rest into him to run some big metres against Collingwood, and as we saw we didn't need him against the Bulldogs.

He'll play against Collingwood.

How can you tell with injuries at our club..?? I mean Hodgey has been 2 weeks away for 15 weeks now. I also get this feeling the Bud is not injured and it was just a rest, but who knows.

Even without Hodgey and Bud, I thinks we will take it up to the pies and get a win. Clarko will now know that its not just a matter of making top 4, but now that Adel, Syd and WCE are all the mix, the aim is now top 2. Sure up the home finals.

Just a couple of things. At this point in the season the only experimenting will be done against port and GC, otherwise Big Max has to force his way in. So we stay as settled as we can with our lineup. Buddy doesnt play this week at best Essendon but just give him the 3 weeks and leave it at that.

I am confident of a good Buddyless showing against the pies and i think it will allow us to be more unpredictable. Stop their run out the back and dont allow maxwell 3rd man up. Without Buddy this is easier as he knows 7 out of 10 times the ball goes to buddy. We just go through maxwell's man force him to defend, create doubt in his mind early then take it from there. Cyril, poppy and breust must defend like their life depended on it. Their backline is not as polished as ours coming out, limit space create pressure and they will start bombing it out of there.

If Carlton can beat them with their lineup we should be able to at worst be in the game until the dying minutes.

Been reading all the posts in this thread and have decided to weigh in, will depend on what grade the tear is,1/2/or 3, agree with some that it is hard to make sense of the hawks injury reports but from reports if he is to be jogging by friday most likely a grade 2 tear which is commonly 14 days, which would mean 50/50 for Collingwood and back against Bombers.I am know sports medicine guru but have played a lot of footy and work with racing animals for most of my life and have seen and worked on many muscle tears, all hypothetical I know, lets hope the decision is not left up to big Budwah alone as we seen what happens when that path is taken!!
Love your avatar of Molly Meldrum!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you tell with injuries at our club..?? I mean Hodgey has been 2 weeks away for 15 weeks now. I also get this feeling the Bud is not injured and it was just a rest, but who knows.

Even without Hodgey and Bud, I thinks we will take it up to the pies and get a win. Clarko will now know that its not just a matter of making top 4, but now that Adel, Syd and WCE are all the mix, the aim is now top 2. Sure up the home finals.

By Hawthorn concession of injury time Luke Hodge injury will last well over 3 years! :p

Im probably going to get mobbed for this comment but I think its a blessing in disguise. Hawthorn are far too buddy conscious, it will now give our lesser lights a chance to shine in his absence. Can you imagine if we win all the games without Buddy? We all know what Roughy can do, Hale is more than competent and Gunston will now now hopefully put a stamp of authority in games. The rest of the competition will be shitting themselves if we win them BEFORE buddy returns. Be positive, try to look on the bright side and not devour your own kind.

So, thats 2 down, 2 more to go at the most. Are we all feeling my gist now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back