Rumour Buddy to retire at seasons end?

Remove this Banner Ad

See ya Buddy

Could have been part of Hawthorn history. But you chose $$$$$$$ over more premierships. It never ends well (see Ablett).
Im sure banging his supermodel wife on Bondi beach while he sleeps on a bed full of pineapples soothes that pain

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
Ok just got a source. From a friend directly from Buds mouth. Apparently they were at a party, people were off their head, not suggesting the Budster was off his head in any way shape or form.

Bud said there is a definite chance that he will pull the pin at the seasons end, unless he gets some good news about the ongoing physical issues.

I cannot name names, the source said it's 50/50 at best
So when he was at training this week at Moore Park kicking them from 50 and running at full tilt it was all part of the charade to retire?

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
See ya Buddy

Could have been part of Hawthorn history. But you chose $$$$$$$ over more premierships. It never ends well (see Ablett).

Buddy won 2 premierships at the hawks, then took off to earn some very good money at Sydney and has had enjoyed a good stint there, I’d say he’d be pretty happy with the decision he made.

Ablett, not so much as Gold Coast never played finals and are just a basket case.

Buddy won 2 premierships at the hawks, then took off to earn some very good money at Sydney and has had enjoyed a good stint there, I’d say he’d be pretty happy with the decision he made.

Ablett, not so much as Gold Coast never played finals and are just a basket case.

Thats another thing Buddy should only be a 1 premiership player. He stole Matt Spangher's 2013 premiership medal!!!

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
So when he was at training this week at Moore Park kicking them from 50 and running at full tilt it was all part of the charade to retire?
Mate anyone can kick them from 50, run at full tilt. Question is can you take a knock, get up, run at full tilt then kick it from 50?

That's the real question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Mate anyone can kick them from 50, run at full tilt. Question is can you take a knock, get up, run at full tilt then kick it from 50?

That's the real question
This year the handful of games he played, he's definitely looked slightly cooked.

There is only one way around this I believe.

Drop him to the square , playing him as a genuine full forward, with crumbers feeding off him. He will kick 80 plus.

Issue is we have an absolute stubborn coach, in Longmire who tries to play a 33 year old as a high half forward flank. No wonder he's always injured.....

Not really.....

Its not like they are deprived of 1st and 2nd rounders like Carlton in 2002 and 2003 and the crows in 2012-2013.

Sort of evens it out anyway. They get an extra 10% in their COLA. take that 1 million or 10% away, they are tenchinically in the same line with all the other AFL clubs Salary cap wise.
Are you still of the belief that Sydney get COLA assistance?

If he were to retire would love to see the Swans pull a Bobby Bonilla and pay him $100k a year for the next 30

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
The AFL wouldn't let their pet favourite suffer. No doubt there are under the table dealings going on that we are not meant to know about

wink wink nudge nudge

They'd never let the swans suffer but they'll ban them from trading for two years with about 3 weeks notice :rolleyes:

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are you still of the belief that Sydney get COLA assistance?

Dont the players on average contracts get an extra 10% ?

Or did thst get taken away as well?

If the Swans put him on long term injury are there funny games they can play with Rookie listing? Or will it all count ?

I assume Gil can wave his magic wand and change anything if he wishes. All the AFL owned clubs will sign off on it.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Just to be clear... Swans don’t have to pay Buddy, but the $1,000,000 is counted in their salary cap each year.

Personally I can’t see Buddy giving up that much cash.
Strange childish ruling from the afl

Do players that retire early from other clubs get their contracted money included in the salary caps for the years they dont play?

Do players that retire early from other clubs get their contracted money included in the salary caps for the years they dont play?

Its not childish at all. The Swans offered him a 9 year deal so Hawthorn couldn't match it. The only reason the AFL signed off on it was that all 9 years had to be included in their cap. Same applies with any free agent signing.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne

They didn't previously - until the AFL got its panties in a twist over buddy not going to the GWS like they wanted - so they changed the rule for high prized recruits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back