Rumour Buddy to retire at seasons end?

Remove this Banner Ad

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Heard an interesting rumour today. Hopefully it's just that. That the big bud is about to pull the pin and announce retirement at seasons end. Collating some sources as we post, will update soon.

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Ok just got a source. From a friend directly from Buds mouth. Apparently they were at a party, people were off their head, not suggesting the Budster was off his head in any way shape or form.

Bud said there is a definite chance that he will pull the pin at the seasons end, unless he gets some good news about the ongoing physical issues.

I cannot name names, the source said it's 50/50 at best

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
My source has just got pissed that I posted this. I reckon it's guaranteed! I truly hope not. Come out and deny it

BIG BUD

Maybe that's why Harley was chasing down Daniher.

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
We'd be in big trouble I'd say. That's the issue with buying showboats. At any time they can pull the pin. That's the danger of getting that kind of guy.

Like an old school 2 stroke MX bike, great to hear the scream, but blow up at any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Might just bite them in the arse if he retires. Three years with 1 million less in your cap could set them back 5 years.

AFL will invent an escape clause and bail them out.

But in all honesty, we were all surprised if he was to see out the full 9 year contract.
Even Swans fans said at the time even if he only plays out 7 of the 9then it is still worth it.
Marketing $$$ and premierships.
The first one probably worked out but the 2nd one is looking doubtful at this stage

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Might just bite them in the arse if he retires. Three years with 1 million less in your cap could set them back 5 years.
Not really.....

Its not like they are deprived of 1st and 2nd rounders like Carlton in 2002 and 2003 and the crows in 2012-2013.

Sort of evens it out anyway. They get an extra 10% in their COLA. take that 1 million or 10% away, they are tenchinically in the same line with all the other AFL clubs Salary cap wise.

alex4445

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Not really.....

Its not like they are deprived of 1st and 2nd rounders like Carlton in 2002 and 2003 and the crows in 2012-2013.

Sort of evens it out anyway. They get an extra 10% in their COLA. take that 1 million or 10% away, they are tenchinically in the same line with all the other AFL clubs Salary cap wise.
Where have you been? Swans havent had cola for years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back