Rumour Buddy to retire at seasons end?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Salty Hawks supporters on here see their players as slave like commodities: the club can callously discard them when they want, but when the player leaves for a better offer, the player is a traitor.
It's very strange logic
Who called him a traitor?

I have no idea why any Hawks fan would be bitter? They won a couple more flags without the Budwah.

If anyone should be salty it should be Swans fans; they’ve won s**t with him, and cost themselves (And us) a salary cap allowance (which we both need) and have screwed the pooch royally.
I have no idea either but they are popping up everywhere in this thread

I can believe that he might be worried his body is cooked.

But given the way his contract is in regards to our cap (we have to keep it regardless of what happens), I would be gobsmacked if he handed it in due the above reason as well as being so close to 1000 goals (and one off his 300th).

So a short synopsis of the op's input over the previous 7 pages, for those late at the thread table.

Voices, sorry sauces in me ead talking about Buds.

Checked back in wit me ead, sorry sauces at the glass bbq.

Cannot name no-names, as it's a 50-50 cent. It's Bud only me sauces.

Daniher rides a Harley.

Longmired treats his showboat like it's an Mx. Stubbies.

Had a few with people in make up, lots of frying an cooking - fact!

likely dropped a K, ergo me account bank on it.

Papley has the Blues towse tellin ya's.

Outstanding intel one would agree.

So a short synopsis of the op's input over the previous 7 pages, for those late at the thread table.

Voices, sorry sauces in me ead talking about Buds.

Checked back in wit me ead, sorry sauces at the glass bbq.

Cannot name no-names, as it's a 50-50 cent. It's Bud only me sauces.

Daniher rides a Harley.

Longmired treats his showboat like it's an Mx. Stubbies.

Had a few with people in make up, lots of frying an cooking - fact!

likely dropped a K, ergo me account bank on it.

Papley has the Blues towse tellin ya's.

Outstanding intel one would agree.

i like crack too

He would have loved to win p'ships as a bonus but that's not why he went.
More to life than that.

He did a press conference where he explicitedly stated he moved to Sydney to win premierships :D

The Pokies Family Club.
Dump their legends.
Mitchell to WC.
Hodge to Brisbane.
Lewis to Melbourne.
Roughy no send off.
All while they've gone out in straight sets & look likely to miss finals.

Buddy did the right thing.

Could have been a 4 time premiership superstar........

Ok just got a source. From a friend directly from Buds mouth. Apparently they were at a party, people were off their head, not suggesting the Budster was off his head in any way shape or form.

Bud said there is a definite chance that he will pull the pin at the seasons end, unless he gets some good news about the ongoing physical issues.

I cannot name names, the source said it's 50/50 at best
“...there is a definite chance”

Lol. Great English.

Mate I'm dead serious. The same source also told me this one as well. Said take it to the bank.

Papley will ask for a trade at seasons end to the blues.

That one most of us have known about for quite a while. Not even really a secret at this point, unless something drastic changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How will players maximise their earnings if clubs don't honor the offer they made?

PS I know you're a troll, but these arguments deserve replies in case there's anyone out there who actually thinks any team shouldn't be held accountable for restricted free agency offers

Say what now. If I sign a 5 year contract and retire after 1 year then the club should still have to pay me for the full 5 years and honor the offer they made.

Say what now. If I sign a 5 year contract and retire after 1 year then the club should still have to pay me for the full 5 years and honor the offer they made.

Is that what I was talking about? The person I replied to was talking about the fairness of players maximising profit & the fairness of what gets included in the club cap as if they are the same issue.

In your example, if you signed a restricted free agency contract, you could negotiate any settlement, but the full 5 years would be included in the cap. It's very simple, and has been explained by multiple posters several times in this thread.

Ok just got a source. From a friend directly from Buds mouth. Apparently they were at a party, people were off their head, not suggesting the Budster was off his head in any way shape or form.

Bud said there is a definite chance that he will pull the pin at the seasons end, unless he gets some good news about the ongoing physical issues.

I cannot name names, the source said it's 50/50 at best
So a friend of yours heard it directly himself from Buddy but tells you the source, which is himself is only 50/50 on the source, which again is himself.

I'm guessing your friend is still off his head.

Is that what I was talking about? The person I replied to was talking about the fairness of players maximising profit & the fairness of what gets included in the club cap as if they are the same issue.

In your example, if you signed a restricted free agency contract, you could negotiate any settlement, but the full 5 years would be included in the cap. It's very simple, and has been explained by multiple posters several times in this thread.

The AFL including the contract in the cap though has nothing to do with Clubs honouring contracts or players maximising profits though. If Buddy retires although the AFL will include the money in the cap , the Swans don't have to pay Buddy the money owing.

The AFL including the contract in the cap though has nothing to do with Clubs honouring contracts or players maximising profits though. If Buddy retires although the AFL will include the money in the cap , the Swans don't have to pay Buddy the money owing.

I didn't bring up honouring contracts, or players maximising profits. You're talking to the wrong person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back