Rumour Buddy to retire at seasons end?

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Heard an interesting rumour today. Hopefully it's just that. That the big bud is about to pull the pin and announce retirement at seasons end. Collating some sources as we post, will update soon.

Very strange 10 week hamstring strain?
Screenshot_20190817-074336_AFL.jpg

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Very strange 10 week hamstring strain?View attachment 728282

Wouldn't be the first time that a player has had a recurring injury, or had other unrelated "niggles" that they want to get right, or that a club didn't give the public the full story on the seriousness of the injury.

Maybe he got busted again on the gear, received a 'silent' under the carpet suspension....

Please provide documented evidence of these previous "busts" and associated suspensions and fines. People seem so eager to bring Buddy down and paint this picture of him as some sort of crazy wildman and party guy off-field, when by all accounts he's a pretty quiet, reserved, almost shy guy.

Sadly you can't turn back father time. It's all down hill from here

well even if he plays well, his best is done

but doesnt change the fact he was playing fine pre injury

Sirlemsip

Club Legend
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I find it strange that at the start of this year reports were that he was playing games with only '10 minutes' of training completed throughout the week.

Now they are saying that he is completing full sessions and training well, but they aren't letting him play?

I understand that their season is done, and there is zero reason to risk him at this stage...which would suggest that if he is training it was only for one of two reasons:
1. To be able to play his 300th and then retire
2. Because he is planning to play on and knows that he needs to maintain fitness and show his investment in the team.

I think that he will go around again for one more year at least.

_jrtp09_

All Australian
May 14, 2014
Doing the laundry
AFL Club
Richmond
Please provide documented evidence of these previous "busts" and associated suspensions and fines. People seem so eager to bring Buddy down and paint this picture of him as some sort of crazy wildman and party guy off-field, when by all accounts he's a pretty quiet, reserved, almost shy guy.

“Documented evidence”? On the Scandals and Rumours Board??
You can’t be serious.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
“Documented evidence”? On the Scandals and Rumours Board??
You can’t be serious.

Well, it seems to be "accepted wisdom" on BigFooty that Buddy is a drug-fueled maniac and ticking timebomb, and that his clubs and the AFL are aiding and abetting this by not penalising him or masking penalties or affording him extra "strikes" that others wouldn't get. I'm calling for proof, for the accusers to "put up or shut up", or let it go.

Personally, I think the accusations are complete bulls**t, or at least present a far more severe situation than the reality. They're an unfair means of discrediting the man and the league, a way to cut the Tall Poppies, and an expression of bitterness, cynicism and jealousy, which is unfortunately a large and miserable part of Australian culture, which (beyond this issue) I'm quite sick of.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Well, it seems to be "accepted wisdom" on BigFooty that Buddy is a drug-fueled maniac and ticking timebomb, and that his clubs and the AFL are aiding and abetting this by not penalising him or masking penalties or affording him extra "strikes" that others wouldn't get. I'm calling for proof, for the accusers to "put up or shut up", or let it go.

Personally, I think the accusations are complete bulls**t, or at least present a far more severe situation than the reality. They're an unfair means of discrediting the man and the league, a way to cut the Tall Poppies, and an expression of bitterness, cynicism and jealousy, which is unfortunately a large and miserable part of Australian culture, which (beyond this issue) I'm quite sick of.
It’s starts up every year. Without fail. Has since he left the Hawks...funny about that.

Gotta wonder who the OP false account actually belongs too. Certainly isn’t a Swans fan. Some sad people in this world.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
It’s starts up every year. Without fail. Has since he left the Hawks...funny about that.

Gotta wonder who the OP false account actually belongs too. Certainly isn’t a Swans fan. Some sad people in this world.

Hahaha you think this speculation only started when he went to Sydney?! You must be new here.

edconte76

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Lol I thought he was definitely retiring due to injury? Did you forget to switch accounts?

Read between the lines champ. I didn't want to come out and say it from the start. Rumour has it he's been pinged again. I am a swan fan, can show you my collection of s**t if needed. Read my first post.....

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unless Franklin can prove he's had a career ending injury, he'd be giving up something in the realms of close to $4 million if the reports of his contract structure are correct.

It's a lot of money to leave on the table.

He should retire but that’s exactly why he won’t.

From reports he hasn’t really trained properly for the last few years. So what’s the difference next year if he doesn’t train.

Why retire and miss out on money when he can essentially be a Swans marketing guy who plays 5-6 games a year.

Slats

All Australian
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Sydney superstar Lance Franklin says he has plenty of quality football left in his 32-year-old legs.

The eight-time All Australian will join an exclusive club of six Indigenous players to have reached the 300-game milestone when the Swans close out their season against a revitalised St Kilda on Saturday.

Sidelined since round 14 with a hamstring injury, Franklin told reporters on Thursday he was fully recovered and raring to go.

The four-time Coleman medallist said he was also confident of playing the remaining four seasons of his nine-year mega-deal and is sure he will finish his career at the Swans.

“It’s been a frustrating year ... but I finally got my body right and I’m ready to get out there,” Franklin said.

“I’m definitely very proud - to play 300 games, you’ve got to be doing something right.

“I’m very confident I’ve still got some really good football in front of me ... I’ve got no doubt I can get back to my best next year.”

4thebloods

Senior List
Jan 5, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Read between the lines champ. I didn't want to come out and say it from the start. Rumour has it he's been pinged again. I am a swan fan, can show you my collection of s**t if needed. Read my first post.....
You've shown us ample evidence of your "collection of s**t" no more required.

Back