Rumour Buddy Watch 2013

Should WC make a play at Buddy

• Yes

Votes: 72 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 45.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With this drug issue that has just come out it was interesting when stated that players have already missed matches through being busted.

Buddy missed like 6 weeks in a row last season and rumours started to circulate that he had got his third strike. No one really knew why he was missing, they said injury but he slipped early on and said he was ready to go.

Now he turns down a new contract.

Is he bracing for a ban?

I can't understand why a player would put off negotiations until the end of a season when the season hasn't even started so he has no distractions.
Surely by going down this path he has made the distraction 100 x worse. It's going to be nothing but Buddy talk.

I too have joined the dots in a similar way you have and there seems to be some rumormongering (in a subtle way) in the media about Buddy at the moment.

The other possibility is that its Hawthorn hierarchy feeding the rumors hoping to keep his price down.

Personally if I had to make a decision on Buddy I would probably pass and let him go to Freo or another club as my feeling is that there is too much risk attached to acquiring him despite all his talent.

oooh its going to be a longggggggggg season! absolutely sick of this buddy talk already...its not like Lance Franklin is going to come out right now and say "yes footy world i'm leaving the Hawks please ask me more about my decision" stop asking him!!! Please this is going to be worse than last year with freaking Cloke!

More exclamation marks!,,

Do we really need him though?

We will be starting 2013 with arguably the best forward line we've ever had.
yes but our forward lines of the past have never been our strong point,if there is an opportunity to make our forward line one of the best ever,not just from the eagles and its a sustainable move that wont set us back too far as far as signing most of our young guns then it would be a shame not to do everything possible to make it happen

Oh Gawd, can you imagine Mike Sheahan every week on The Couch? I think he would be devastated if his Buddy left Vic :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chances of him leaving increase if Hawthorn have a poor year, and/or if there are more off-field issues.

You don't think he is at the centre of a lot of those off-field issues?

Buddy will most likely stay with the Hawks, if he does move he'll come to us, almost no chance he goes to freo (he may be a little thick, but he's not a loser). Chances of him leaving increase if Hawthorn have a poor year, and/or if there are more off-field issues.

If he wants to come to us, and we can get him, we have to take him. Our attack would become even more versatile, and the other forwards would benefit from drawing weaker defenders each week.

I agree that he'll probably stay with hawthorn, but if he does leave there's a decent chance it won't be to WA. Hell, if he does come to WA there's every chance he'll go to freo - he'd add more for them than he would for us and so they'd probably offer him more. There's no player in the competition that would be a better get for freo than buddy. If I had my pick of the competition for us though, I'd probably go for ablett or pendles.

If the Hawks tumble down the ladder then watch Buddy leave the Hawks, he should seriously chase the most cash for his own selfishness and screw loyalty to the Hawks. Then we snag him and crank up the Lance Franklin Foundation to siphon off cash and generally circumnavigate the rules because there is no level playing field now!

Article Written by Jon Ralph OR Ross Lyon, i seriously cannot tell which....

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...klin-a-big-offer/story-e6frg20c-1226607095668

According to that, it appears we aren't even in contention for big Lance next year.

Can't say i really 'care' that much only it would look rather ominous if the dockers DID manage to snare him like this article suggests.

Believe it or not, i can just imagine him playing and being suited perfectly for them.

Yeah it makes sense, its the freo way of doing things. ill laugh if they burn half their cap on Franklin, im sure mundy, fyfe and Co would love the no pay rise just so they can play with him..please happen

This doesn't phase me at all. JK isn't a Franklin, but he can be a very dominant player in his own right, as Saturday showed, and he has a tendency to step it up in finals (Carlton SF in 2011 was a very special game for many reasons, but his effort to stay out on the field and kick three goals after his eye was partially closed over and nearly being subbed out was nothing short of inspirational).

A journalists view. That's all it is.

Do we not already have a thread on the whole Franklin topic?

Yeah and I worked hard on it.

Back