Rumour Buddy Watch 2013

Should WC make a play at Buddy

• Yes

Votes: 72 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 45.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day I doubt Buddy would be interested in returning to WA anyway.
Was mentioned by Roughead and Lewis in an interview before round 1 that Bud told his close mates at Hawthorn he wasn't interested in returning to Perth.
Of course money talks, and we all know that Hawthorn won't be able to match huge offers that will come Buddy's way
Hope he re-signs with us, but to be honest no-one, probably even Bud himself, knows what he will do yet!

lets be honest here, its going to cost 1.3-1.5 mill to land buddy. 1 is what the hawks will raise. quality second back, 400k for 4 years. One 700k mid and one 300-400k 3-5 year mid who's heading towards his peak.

A selwood is ridiculously paid and on around 600k atm, glass has about 300 on salary cap, embley similar, brown is 200k, kerr if he's not a vet is 600k
+. Cox likely to receive a drop in pay. Thats 1.5 to spend on players and money to spare on new contracts.

Adam Selwood is on the veterans list this year and i'm sure a sh1t he wouldn't be on 600k

After today's effort, wouldn't want him near our club. Showboats, plays for frees and while he can kill a game in seconds with his ability, he is too costly defensively for a team in a finals environment.

Prodigious talent, but what comes with it isn't worth the hassle.

After today's effort, wouldn't want him near our club. Showboats, plays for frees and while he can kill a game in seconds with his ability, he is too costly defensively for a team in a finals environment.

For the same reason I am not fussed as a Freo supporter if he comes our way either. The huge amount of money he would command puts a big dent in your kitty that could be more equally divided between the other players or used to entice some quality mids.

exsqueeze me. this typifies the eagles conservative nature. we chase him and chase him hard. WE REALLY NEED TO START STAMPING OURSELVES AS A POWER CLUB NOT JUST A RICH CLUB.

exsqueeze me. this typifies the eagles conservative nature. we chase him and chase him hard. WE REALLY NEED TO START STAMPING OURSELVES AS A POWER CLUB NOT JUST A RICH CLUB.

There's smart non-conservative though - I mean wouldn't going after a player like Dale Thomas be better for us than getting Buddy?

There's smart non-conservative though - I mean wouldn't going after a player like Dale Thomas be better for us than getting Buddy?
Not sure we need daisy either. Seek a player who can really do damage with clearances.

Not sure we need daisy either. Seek a player who can really do damage with clearances.

Yeah absolutely, I just thought of Daisy because he can tag and play Inside (as well as Outside of course)... We should totally go after Nathan Jones if it is possible.

Yeah absolutely, I just thought of Daisy because he can tag and play Inside (as well as Outside of course)... We should totally go after Nathan Jones if it is possible.
Whats with this obsession of recruiting players to tag. I fvcken hop Wellingham doesn't tag. I hope he wins the ball and makes them accountable to us. Not only that Wellingham has stated many times that Collingwood didn't tag.

Whats with this obsession of recruiting players to tag. I fvcken hop Wellingham doesn't tag. I hope he wins the ball and makes them accountable to us. Not only that Wellingham has stated many times that Collingwood didn't tag.

Ah, you misinterpret me. It's not that I want another tagger, it's just I assumed Daisy could play inside because he's tagged inside players in the past...

FWIW, I want Wellers to do what Scooter's doing at the moment and hit the scoreboard a bit more. Accumulate 20 touches, run with/tag individuals or multiple players throughout the game, so then Scooter can go back to being the borderline A-grade midfielder he was last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Selwood is on the veterans list this year and i'm sure a sh1t he wouldn't be on 600k

Unfortunately Adam Selwood is on very big coin, one of the highest paid at the club.
Seeing though he shouldn't be on the list next year, it should save us a s**t load of money.

I expect to see Adam Selwood coaching East Perth next year.

Unfortunately Adam Selwood is on very big coin, one of the highest paid at the club.
Seeing though he shouldn't be on the list next year, it should save us a s**t load of money.

If true, that says a hell of a lot more about our contract negotiations and list manangement than Adam Selwood.

He is on 300k as they did an article in Sunday times detailing who was on what and i think it was around 300k,

Back