Universal Love Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beats Quinlan, Richardson and Bartlett 2017

Beats McKenna 2018

Reckon he'll just about level/beat Ablett and Wade in the finish.

Would be an amazing career.

He's been very unselfish this year too, has 5 goal assists (Tom Mitchell leading with 7).

Likely that Buddy's got more career goal assists than many of those guys on the list.
He seems to pass more off now that when he was at hawthorn. Every single time he gets the ball on the boundary, im thinking hooker time yet he passes it , highly dissappointing

I was dissapointed with that one as well. I'd rather he had a ping and miss half of them.

In saying that, how good is it to have a key forward who is an accurate set shot, especially from 50 out. It's great having that level of confidence when he lines up for goal. He's an absolute weapon.
Is it just me or can we be comfortable with buddy having a set shot than ever before. The sprays are a distant memory now. Even tippett has become quite good. Nick davis and no doubt dew are earning their keep

The inboard kick from the boundary is generally the percentage play especially now that we're much better at locking it in our forward 50 and, as much as I love a highlight, I'm glad he's making that choice. It's not like he's not kicking pretty incredible goals from elsewhere at every other opportunity. What people tend to forget about the Hooker goal is that he had no option inboard so going for goal was really the only logical (and spectacular) choice.

He is already one the greats.

Where he finishes is a function of injury primarily and potentially game-style.

The game has opened up a lot this year. It could get back to the bag of 8-10 not being unusual for a season or 2 across the league. Then sky is the limit.

if footy does get back to that free scoring attacking brand where KPF's kick buckets of goals his contract will look cheap whatever year it is in.

Great to see Buddy back fit& fighting like ever before I can't say how happy I am especially I am for him & Sydney to see this:thumbsu:,regarding where he'll end up on the list I think he'll crack the magical 1000k mark no doubt.I hope he can play at least into his mid 30's & given he should be quite close if all goes well this year to 800 goals he looks well on track to break 1000 goals in hopefully say the next couple to few years/seasons;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afl article saying the players are excited by the prospect of buddy kicking 100.

Hopefully we see the players get around buddy and hand off a few goals to bud instead of the other way around.

Although, we dont want our forward line to turn one dimensional in the pursuit of buddys ton.

Franklin is having his best goalkicking accuracy since 2006, when he kicked 31.9

Swansrule100 this came out of my research room

Do you just sit there on high alert and get a semi when you can see you can use one of your prepared stats? srs. ;)

Afl article saying the players are excited by the prospect of buddy kicking 100.

Hopefully we see the players get around buddy and hand off a few goals to bud instead of the other way around.

Although, we dont want our forward line to turn one dimensional in the pursuit of buddys ton.

As long as they don't become buddy scentric and stop looking for other avenues I'm happy.

Do you just sit there on high alert and get a semi when you can see you can use one of your prepared stats? srs. ;)
Pyke related stats had me at full bar

Franklin is having his best goalkicking accuracy since 2006, when he kicked 31.9

Swansrule100 this came out of my research room

Buddy is currently averaging the second highest goals per game, behind his magnum opus year of 2008.

He is also averaging more disposals per game than he ever has in his career - 18.6. Ahead of 18.2 and 18.4 in 2011 & 2012, which are also considered 2 of his most prolific seasons.

All that, and he's been working his way into form this season. He's yet to hit his straps, but is quickly approaching his peak. He will go beserk at some point in the next 5 weeks. Bookmark it!

Logically, he will get 4th. Also on logic, if he catches Dunstall he should be get able Plugger too ! :)

Posted this in the general thread, but my estimation is Buddy will finish around the 1000-1050 mark if he stays fit and finishes out his contract. If not, around the 900-950 mark. In all seriousness, am I alone in my belief that he will be greater than Wayne Carey? I know in his hey-day he was a big deal given how he often won games off his own boot, went further up the ground, played high-disposal games and kicked superb goals, but doesn't Buddy do all of those things? And now given that he'll end up way past Carey in career goals, surely the conversation has to be had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back