Buddy's contract killing Sydney's depth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averages 1.3 goals per game v's Lewis 0.9

Rioli far more assists also...

Tackles...

Contested ball...

1%ers

Also more possessions...

12.9 possessions per game for Lewis's career not very good for a "MIDFIELDER"
Mcglynns just as good as Cyril and he's on half the wage

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Tell me more (but tell me more about why you have given up on Jetta so quickly)
Jetts didn't have his best year but at his best he covers up Cyril

Cyril's goal tallys
2008 24
2009 21
2010 27
2011 29
2012 39
2013 19

Elite forward pocketer

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

AFL Ranks Cyril 12th in the AFL

Jetta 33
McGlynn 171

Jetta has had one good season, many spuds have had one good year and then disappeared into obscurity he is just another one.
Bruce doing the rankings?
Cyril played 15 games and kicked 19 goals suprised he didn't win the brownlow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread has sunk to new lows. Mods, surely it's time to close it?
yep, seriously cringe worthy and just plain embarrassing. the thread is full of one-eyed, insecure, oversensitive chumps being repeatedly trolled. this it is why most ppl dont stay at bf, makes for poor reading and forum culture. thread should have been closed by page 20.

MODS - CLOSE THE THREAD ALREADY!

yep, seriously cringe worthy and just plain embarrassing. the thread is full of one-eyed, insecure, oversensitive chumps being repeatedly trolled. this it is why most ppl dont stay at bf, makes for poor reading and forum culture. thread should have been closed by page 20.

I have to agree, this was meant to be a discussion about Sydney's depth but has turned into a Hawthorn vs Sydney comparison/fight.

To be fair in the beginning it was based on facts, i.e. Sydney losing players who they rated highly like Jed Lamb from there it has certainly gone downhill. I just realised this is a main board thread I thought it was the Bay which probably goes a way to explaining my last 5-6 posts.

To be fair in the beginning it was based on facts, i.e. Sydney losing players who they rated highly like Jed Lamb from there it has certainly gone downhill. I just realised this is a main board thread I thought it was the Bay which probably goes a way to explaining my last 5-6 posts.
Lol for some reason I thought it was the bay aswell

Looking at our starting line-up for round 1 and looking at the players who won't be taking part, you could argue that our depth is equal to or better than last year.

With the recent signings of Rohan and McGlynn it also shows that Franklin may have the ability to make players want to stick with the club and not necessarily jump ship.

I hope the thread isn't now suddenly locked on the back of my positive spin. My apologies if I broke the cycle of doom and gloom.

Looking at our starting line-up for round 1 and looking at the players who won't be taking part, you could argue that our depth is equal to or better than last year.

With the recent signings of Rohan and McGlynn it also shows that Franklin may have the ability to make players want to stick with the club and not necessarily jump ship.

I hope the thread isn't now suddenly locked on the back of my positive spin. My apologies if I broke the cycle of doom and gloom.
how dare you

I think it is common knowledge that Sydney has one of, if not, the best starting 22 in the league. But this thread is about the lack of depth to cover inevitable injuries that Sydney will have, as will every other team. For example, if Mike Pyke went down, who would be the Swans number one ruck? Tippett? Derickx?

44 players win a premiership for their club, not the 22 that play on the day.

I think it is common knowledge that Sydney has one of, if not, the best starting 22 in the league. But this thread is about the lack of depth to cover inevitable injuries that Sydney will have, as will every other team. For example, if Mike Pyke went down, who would be the Swans number one ruck? Tippett? Derickx?

44 players win a premiership for their club, not the 22 that play on the day.
Before last year if you'd said Cunningham, Brandon Jack, Rampe, Biggs, and Lamb were parts of the Swans' depth, you'd have been laughed at for suggesting that four 0-gamers and a 1 gamer would be a part of that season's push. People don't even know their own teams' depth very well half the time. The fact that opposition supporters would try and work out the quality of Sydney's depth when they'd struggle to name an accurate starting 22 is droll to say the least.

Medium term the contract will kill depth indirectly (contribution to CoLA being taken away).

The afl has made it clear that players will have to honour contracts if CoLA was removed, meaning that players are facing a hefty pay cut. Cutting any lists salary by 10% (maybe more depending on changes to veterans allowance) will kill depth, will take a few years though.

The ruck is our one weakness, but my post was about the quality we're missing that can still come into a very good side.

Tippett, Goodes, Johnson, O'Keefe, B. Jack just to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back