Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy would have gotten 5 x $900k wherever he went, so at best it's really only 5,500,000 reasons why.

He would definitely get a 3 to 4 year deal at the end of a 5 year deal. So realistically its more that the difference is 9 x meat trays which is basically half a cow.

In checking, half a cow is worth a goat, which will get you an average looking bride. He has a wife. So really, going to Sydney ahead of GWS or staying at Hawthorn financially is worth a 2nd round of alimony.

But at Hawthorn he'd have 2 more flags.

Yes, but in a few years time:

1. Buddy will be fat.
2. His girlfriend will be fat, or gone.
3. The money will 3 gone (to his many, many hangers on).

And when he gets around to premiership reunions, his teammates will be flashing 3 & 4 medals.

I'm sure they'll buy him a burger, though.
I've heard Jacinta is actually a pretty nice person so the lady aspect of it was correct. He actually had a pretty rough time in 2015 and she seemed like a good support. The guy has a number of older sisters too - I suspect he is a committed bloke and Jacinta and him will last for a long time. Who TF knows but that's how it "looks".

I just think GWS was probably the better option for the guy. He pinned his hopes of a flag on 2012 where Hawthorn only lost due to being completely cooked. He just totally misfired by choosing the Swans. What an absolute doofus

Based on his game on the weekend, Franklin is nothing more than an over-priced finals flop.

He has failed to deliver anything for the Swans when it comes to finals, in fact if you look closely, he seems to kick his big bags against the lower ranked teams on the ladder. I'm struggling to remember him tearing one of the premiership contenders a new one.

Against Carlton in the last round, he was motivated to win the Coleman because it was all about him, so he slotted a lazy 10 for the day. He also snagged 8 against Brisbane in Rd 7.

In the semi on the weekend, he had an opportunity to go into a pack and split it wide open (for god sake, have a look at the size of the bloke), win possession and create a clear path for one of his teammates, instead he pulled up short and waited in hope that one of his smaller team-mates would get it to him.

0.3 when his team was desperately needing him to jag a few in the hope of getting them back into the game was very poor for a guy on a huge contract.

Four seasons at the Swans and no premierships either.

He played very well in the 2014 GF, kicked 5 in a team which was belted.
He was pretty darn good in that game. What about when he out-competed a double teaming Lake and Gibbo in one particular marking contest? It was bloody outstanding. So yeah - I'm not a Buddy bagger. He's a champion and anyone who thinks otherwise is a nuffie

He was pretty darn good in that game. What about when he out-competed a double teaming Lake and Gibbo in one particular marking contest? It was bloody outstanding. So yeah - I'm not a Buddy bagger. He's a champion and anyone who thinks otherwise is a nuffie
Was that the one near the boundary in the first quarter? Was booed mercilessly and ended up shanking the shot on goal.

That's fine but the Hawks weren't paying him $10mill.
Yeah cos he was playing for the Swans at the time...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole ****en team would regret underachieving with this list the last 5-6 years,

Does he sit there thinking **** i should of stayed at hawthorn? If hed never won a flag probably. I suspect if he could of or still can win a flag at sydney it gives his legacy a massive boost, perhaps wait til the end to judge. But other than that whats it matter? Do you want him to instagram on a beach holding his dog going what the **** have I done?
Can you tee this up?

Im just wondering if he stayed at Hawthorn and he was paid a mill whether Hawthorn would have bled some players had a more predictable and less accurate forward set up and maybe not won the 2 Grand Finals .

Maybe he should only regret that he demands too much money in a team sport with a salary cap to ever be in a successful team

Buddy would have no regrets, he's got his long contract and wife with the creepy, not quite right eyes.

It's actually quite funny (very funny in fact) to see a player leave a club chasing more success/money, the defector gets sweet **** all and their old side wins a premiership.

I see where you're going with this...
I'd put a lid on it until after the Grand Final....
After that... go for your life!

You do realise not every player gives a **** about premierships? He has snagged himself a couple, got himself into a few more. You think he's gonna look back and be upset he didn't win a premiership every year?

Horse s**t... If you don't care about premierships why are you playing? It's like saying Doctors don't care about taking care of patients... Its the very crux of the whole job. I'd be very surprised and almost willing to put the house on you couldn't find me 1 current AFL play who doesn't want a premiership.

GWS offered similar money to Sydney but not the length. Hawks offered $5m over 5 but you are counting his full 9 years at Sydney.

You reckon Hawthorn would make him retire after 5 years?

Buddy gets maybe $6m over the first 5 years at Sydney.

So $6m and zero vs $5m and 2 flags.

What does he get for the extra $1m?

I see what you're saying but its a false equivalency because he didn't get offered 6 years... he got offered 9... that security is massive for a footballer especially earning the kind of money he will be earning in his later years. His contract was back ended I've heard... His first season at Swans he was getting paid less than 2013 at Hawthorn. All the big bucks are coming in when his 33-35 yo.

I see what you're saying but its a false equivalency because he didn't get offered 6 years... he got offered 9... that security is massive for a footballer especially earning the kind of money he will be earning in his later years. His contract was back ended I've heard... His first season at Swans he was getting paid less than 2013 at Hawthorn. All the big bucks are coming in when his 33-35 yo.

The first was low but every other year was at least $1m.

And what odds are there that he would have got no more offers after the 5 years he was offered by Hawks and GWS?

It may not have been 4 more years but easily would have been 3.

And with the big bump in salary cap he may have got even more money.

Surely he is worth more than Kelly...

Buddy would have no regrets, he's got his long contract and wife with the creepy, not quite right eyes.

Eyes not quite right? Can't say I see anything wrong :confused:

254BC04800000578-0-image-a-38_1422960430905.jpg

Back