Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dom PC

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My options are painstakingly objective
That's a shame. Considering he's played finals every year until now and will have earned over $10 million over that time and will retire as a 2 time premiership player. Didn't he meet his wife up in Sydney too?

He wouldn't regret a thing.

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's a shame. Considering he's played finals every year until now and will have earned over $10 million over that time and will retire as a 2 time premiership player. Didn't he meet his wife up in Sydney too?

He wouldn't regret a thing.
Okay. I’ll change the options

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
GWS plus Buddy probably would have won at least one premiership by now.
You will see that this has been canvassed by me quite a bit in this thread. He even talks about how GWS will get flags in four or so years.

Upon reflection, waiting that long would have been worth the wait. Four years from 2013 was now two years ago. And he was right. They became competitive from about 2016...

Some posters have unfairly suggested that I was a salty jaded Hawthorn supporter who wanted him to stay but that’s just not true

Him going to GWS would have been an excellent move.

I would hate him to be sitting there in the stands on Saturday watching GWS winning a flag*

*hate is a strong word...

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
2023 Grand Final - Lions verse Swans

Lions win. Could it happen…again?

HairyO

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Brisbane would need to win finals for that.

For those saying "but he is rich", he would have been a multi millionaire no matter where he went. Or even if he stayed.

But also, maybe any team he went to would have struggled to retain players because of the money he was getting.

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The word you’re looking for is versus. A verse is part of a song.
You’re a smart cookie. I feel terrible for my typo
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Wouldn't "happening again" from a Buddy point of view, mean Buddy leaves for Lions at end of 2022, and Swans beat Lions in 2023 grand final?

Cursed he is. To walk the earth like Caine from Kung Fu. Metaphorically homeless, wandering from club to club in search of that elusive third flag. Needs a cardboard sign that reads "Will work for flags".

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wouldn't "happening again" from a Buddy point of view, mean Buddy leaves for Lions at end of 2022, and Swans beat Lions in 2023 grand final?

Cursed he is. To walk the earth like Caine from Kung Fu. Metaphorically homeless, wandering from club to club in search of that elusive third flag. Needs a cardboard sign that reads "Will work for flags".
Ah yeah that’s what I meant. What a s**t bump