Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mark Evans admitted that 4 of the Bulldogs goals were from terrible umpiring decisions. 4 goals is enough to sway the game, in fact those 4 goals probably determined the result. I forget the exact stat but halfway through the 4th quarter the Bulldogs had a huge free kick advantage. The Swans got a couple of square ups in the dying minutes, but even with those it was still massively one sided. Hannebery got injured when he was taken out by a bulldogs player and was never quite the same after but for some reason even that was not a free kick

Everybody wanted the fairytale brother and even the umpires got sucked in.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee How original. Like I said Jack and Jill.
upload_2018-12-12_6-28-26.gif

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Couldnt agree more about Sydney, how they are always lauded is beyond me. The amount of top 4 finishes in recent times for just the 2 flags has to be the lowest amongst any club in modern time. As for buddy, made the best decision for him at the time, I reckon had he been playing for the hawks in 2014 and 15 they might not have won those flags.
It's more about how hard it is to win a flag, despite finishing top 4.

Richmond discovered that this year, and may have that reinforced over the next couple of years if they manage to remain in premiership contention.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
It's more about how hard it is to win a flag, despite finishing top 4.

Richmond discovered that this year, and may have that reinforced over the next couple of years if they manage to remain in premiership contention.
No doubt flags are hard, however if we again finish top 2 over the next few years and still sit on 1 flag, we’d have majorily under achieved and I’d be very disappointed.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
And we thank you for your part. Squibs all the way

Haven't you got anything better than that ? Face it you won your one flag in 62 years by the umpires blatantly cheating because they got carried away with the fairytale of the Tin Rattlers from the West winning a premiership. Hang your hat on it because I can guarantee you are more chance of being back on Barkly Street begging for your survival than winning another one any time soon. Pathetic Football Club who thrives on sympathy from those who love a good story. We squibbed it in 2014 but in 2016 we were just plain old shafted. Any neutral who has not got their head in their **** would acknowledge it.Fact. Good to see you getting down and getting dirty in the trenches on here opposed to your usual pontificating with your pretend journalists hat on Btw.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
hmmm.. I get it wrong.. dude is promising so much.. but I ask you that it is revolutionary...

get on ... fractionally... heaven sent... drive the bus...

Haven't you got anything better than that ? Face it you won your one flag in 62 years by the umpires blatantly cheating because they got carried away with the fairytale of the Tin Rattlers from the West winning a premiership. Hang your hat on it because I can guarantee you are more chance of being back on Barkly Street begging for your survival than winning another one any time soon. Pathetic Football Club who thrives on sympathy from those who love a good story. We squibbed it in 2014 but in 2016 we were just plain old shafted. Any neutral who has not got their head in their **** would acknowledge it.Fact. Good to see you getting down and getting dirty in the trenches on here opposed to your usual pontificating with your pretend journalists hat on Btw.

Let it all out

Senor Ed

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Doggies

What a melt LOL

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
He'd already won a flag and moved to Sydney for massive $$ and to be with his woman. Looks like he enjoys the Bondi lifestyle.

I doubt he regrets anything football-wise.

Remember when he first moved up there, the pics of him and mates up there, looked pretty happy to me.

He's still big news, but do you really think he cops as much media heat in Sydney compared to Melbourne.

I guess when you've already won premierships, maybe they're not the be all and end all in life. As someone who has been in the workforce for 35 years now, 2/3 of the battle is finding something you enjoy doing in a place that you enjoy doing it in. I reckon he's found that.

Good move for him personally, but as Gavin Excell posted at the start of the thread, Ablett's move was all sorts of worse than this one. In defence of Ablett though, when you've got a needy family to financially support too, you need all the money you can get.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

lol, in 2005 Sydney won their first in over 70 years wasnt' it? Footscray may have been tin rattlers (what club hasn't) but they're still there in the west of Melbourne, South Melbourne on the other hand were that bad that they got thrown out of the state and have been propped up by the VFL/AFL ever since.

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
Excuse my ignorance... I thought clubs could not talk to players who are in contract ? Surely conducting a medical constitutes “talking to” ?

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
lol, in 2005 Sydney won their first in over 70 years wasnt' it? Footscray may have been tin rattlers (what club hasn't) but they're still there in the west of Melbourne, South Melbourne on the other hand were that bad that they got thrown out of the state and have been propped up by the VFL/AFL ever since.

I thought I was talking to the Butcher ? Does that make you the Block ?

Back