Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't you got anything better than that ? Face it you won your one flag in 62 years by the umpires blatantly cheating because they got carried away with the fairytale of the Tin Rattlers from the West winning a premiership. Hang your hat on it because I can guarantee you are more chance of being back on Barkly Street begging for your survival than winning another one any time soon. Pathetic Football Club who thrives on sympathy from those who love a good story. We squibbed it in 2014 but in 2016 we were just plain old shafted. Any neutral who has not got their head in their **** would acknowledge it.Fact. Good to see you getting down and getting dirty in the trenches on here opposed to your usual pontificating with your pretend journalists hat on Btw.

Revisiting this for a Christmas laugh. How much did your blood pressure rise over the course of this gem of a meltdown?

Haven't you got anything better than that ? Face it you won your one flag in 62 years by the umpires blatantly cheating because they got carried away with the fairytale of the Tin Rattlers from the West winning a premiership. Hang your hat on it because I can guarantee you are more chance of being back on Barkly Street begging for your survival than winning another one any time soon. Pathetic Football Club who thrives on sympathy from those who love a good story. We squibbed it in 2014 but in 2016 we were just plain old shafted. Any neutral who has not got their head in their **** would acknowledge it.Fact. Good to see you getting down and getting dirty in the trenches on here opposed to your usual pontificating with your pretend journalists hat on Btw.
upload_2018-12-24_9-46-4.gif

Excuse my ignorance... I thought clubs could not talk to players who are in contract ? Surely conducting a medical constitutes “talking to” ?

No, if Buddy wants to go to Andrew Ireland's house, and he wants to take off his clothes while a man with a degree in medicine looks over Buddy's body then that is their business. You are not going to kink shame Ireland or Buddy. I won't allow it.

The only certainty Buddy had when he left Hawthorn was the money. Sydney were a safe bet to at least be competitive for years to come (and have proven that) so it's not like he joined a cellar dweller team.

With 4 years (i think) to run on his contract, he probably knew from a long way out that this contract would outlast his body. I think he's got one more year in him before his body packs in. What are the rules around contract payouts on retirement due to injury? Do players get a percentage of the remaining contract (outside the cap presumably) or is it all finished the day he retires?

The only certainty Buddy had when he left Hawthorn was the money. Sydney were a safe bet to at least be competitive for years to come (and have proven that) so it's not like he joined a cellar dweller team.

With 4 years (i think) to run on his contract, he probably knew from a long way out that this contract would outlast his body. I think he's got one more year in him before his body packs in. What are the rules around contract payouts on retirement due to injury? Do players get a percentage of the remaining contract (outside the cap presumably) or is it all finished the day he retires?

For a FA all of the money must go into the cap, guaranteed, regardless of whether the player has retired or not. Sydney must carry that bill.

Otherwise, the club and the player can come to agreements about how much money they are paid and when they retire (but the money originally agreed will always be in the cap),

Depends if they were a restricted free agent or not, in Franklins case his salary will be in the Sydney cap until the contract finishes, nonnegotiable. Well least in terms of decreasing the amount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like this thread. Buddy was a champion of the club. He made the horribly misguided decision to join the Swans, but he's carried that burden. It's well, well, well past time to let go of the fact that we were second picked for the prom. He chose the ugly girl. It happens.

I don't like this thread. Buddy was a champion of the club. He made the horribly misguided decision to join the Swans, but he's carried that burden. It's well, well, well past time to let go of the fact that we were second picked for the prom. He chose the ugly girl. It happens.
How was it misguided, getting paid great money, setting himself up for life, being the face of football in Australias biggest city and he is out of the fishbowl that is Melbourne, if anything he weighed up all options and went for the long term gain.

Premiership medals might look good in the pool room but they do not pay his bills, his mortgage, his petrol or his peace of mind.

For a FA all of the money must go into the cap, guaranteed, regardless of whether the player has retired or not. Sydney must carry that bill.

Otherwise, the club and the player can come to agreements about how much money they are paid and when they retire (but the money originally agreed will always be in the cap),
Play him in the back pocket from now on

How was it misguided, getting paid great money, setting himself up for life, being the face of football in Australias biggest city and he is out of the fishbowl that is Melbourne, if anything he weighed up all options and went for the long term gain.

Premiership medals might look good in the pool room but they do not pay his bills, his mortgage, his petrol or his peace of mind.

Because the Swans suck.

QED

Back