MRP / Trib. Buddy's tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
was at the match but only saw it now on tv.

whoever he tackled smacked his head into the ground because of the tackle

i love buddy but can easily see it getting him at least a week possibly a reprimand with an early guilty plea

i just never know with buddy and the mrp:(

Was that the tackle on Goldsack? I think i saw it on the highlights video of the game on Foxsports.com.au and his head didnt even touch the ground. Gave him a sore shoulder but nothing to do with his head.

Arms weren't pinned so I think that throws the whole 'duty of care' rubbish out the window. Perfect tackle from what i can recall.

i personally perceive the sling tackle to be a great aspect of the game but you know how the mrp are. i think they are harder to read than women.

Buddy was practically sitting on his arse when applying the tackle. If it gets looked at the game is in ruins.. By the way channel 7 commentators did there best to make it look worse.

Absolutely nothing in it. Tackled around the waist, didn't pin the arms. Brilliant tackle really. Only gets a mention because of that twat Dennis Commetti claiming Goldsack was out cold when he hurt his shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy was practically sitting on his arse when applying the tackle. If it gets looked at the game is in ruins.. By the way channel 7 commentators did there best to make it look worse.

Malthouse played it up at every opportunity. Unsurprising he was dead-set barracking for his old mob last night.

Agree with that totally. Malthouse should not be involved with the commentary team unless he can be impartial, he acted like a kid who has just found out his Best of Bob the Builder dvd has been confiscated.

He didn't particularly like the pseudo shepherd junior put on Taylor for the Burgoyne goal, or the heavy tackle by Buddy, actually didn't seem to like very much at all about the game....especially the scoreline.

Didn't notice anything much whilst at the game.
Saw the replay then again on the news. Channel Seven raises a sling tackle just because it's Buddy.
To my mind nothing in it a good tackle to my mind.
Goldsack landed on his shoulder and in doing so his head knocked the turf.
Any other player and it would be nothing eg Judd, Goodes.
Being MRP panel who really knows.
Scarlett loosing it on Hayden Ballantyne was great as that's one less cat to concern us with next week. lol.

It wasnt a sling tackle, it just wasnt the same action and he didnt slam him into the ground. **** sake, cant Buddy even ****ing tackle guys anymore? Poor bastard, never gets a free hardly and now there is question of this. Mick Malthouse u prick, u had to mention this last night on the tv, and the other mugs just ignored your comment and said there was nothing in it. Its gonna suck donkey balls if he is out for the Geelong game, but might as well not watch football anymore if that gets any time.

On one of the highlights packages I saw, they seemed to show it with a reference to Goldsack's shoulder with no mention of sling tackles or pinned arms.

Nah, nothing in it. Commetti got all excited and had Buddy suspended initially. They all scrambled for the replay, but when they saw it they agreed it was just a good tackle.

They sounded a bit disappointed about that. But I think it was more because it robbed them of something to obsess over for the rest of the game. They like their talking points simple and repetitive. 'Judd's special', 'Geelong are skilful', 'Buddy is reckless' etc.

We don't hear much about Hawthorn being 'unsociable' any more, which is a blessing I guess. Took them about three years to realise that we're no more unsociable than any other club going around.

Nowadays we 'kick backwards all the time' - which is no more accurate than the unsociable tag.

So, because a great many say there's nothing in it, I'm starting to get worried given Buddy's record with the MRP.

(Only a little serious.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back