All Australian
Suspended
Jul 3, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
All Football teams
Well he may not kick a ton but assuming Clarence makes the grand final I reckon he'll have enough games to get close.

Budgie to kick 98 for the year.

After seeing Glenorchy play R3 in 2008 I predicted Puiselli would win the 2008 SFL B&F and was right. I was chatting to Brad Dutton on the phone at the start of last year and told him he would kick 71 for the season. I was one off.

As I cast my eye into the mystery ball I can see Hobart FC relocating to Nth Hobart oval in 2012.

Anything else anyone wants to know?

• Banned
Whilst Budgie is in outstanding form he seems to still have the yips in front of goal and could easily have 60+ on the board by now.

Perhaps he should have a few kicking lessons from the best end to end kicker in Tasmanian end to end kicking.

We all know who that is.

Tip: He's big, he's bold and he is J..... W.......

Whilst Budgie is in outstanding form he seems to still have the yips in front of goal and could easily have 60+ on the board by now.

Perhaps he should have a few kicking lessons from the best end to end kicker in Tasmanian end to end kicking.

We all know who that is.

Tip: He's big, he's bold and he is J..... W.......
Hows your mate Santi going??

He'd be odds on to kick it obviously, especially if u count finals. the supply he gets from the midfiekld is outstanding and there are only a handful of players in the league at the moment who have the speed and experience to match him, so barring injury or injuries to others forcing him to change positions, he will easily get there.

Which round does everyone think? I say Round 17 Vs Hobart he will kick 9 that day to bring up the ton.

He'd be odds on to kick it obviously, especially if u count finals. the supply he gets from the midfiekld is outstanding and there are only a handful of players in the league at the moment who have the speed and experience to match him, so barring injury or injuries to others forcing him to change positions, he will easily get there.

Which round does everyone think? I say Round 17 Vs Hobart he will kick 9 that day to bring up the ton.
Round 18. He'll kick 13 to bring it up. C'mon Budgie do it for the fans... Who was the last person to kick a ton in the old statewide league?

Well he may not kick a ton but assuming Clarence makes the grand final I reckon he'll have enough games to get close.

Budgie to kick 98 for the year.

After seeing Glenorchy play R3 in 2008 I predicted Puiselli would win the 2008 SFL B&F and was right. I was chatting to Brad Dutton on the phone at the start of last year and told him he would kick 71 for the season. I was one off.

As I cast my eye into the mystery ball I can see Hobart FC relocating to Nth Hobart oval in 2012.

Anything else anyone wants to know?

Are you a fortune teller now duff?

Shouldn't have too many troubles getting 100 unless he gets a longterm injury or suspension.
BearGrills16 said:
Who was the last person to kick a ton in the old statewide league?
Byron Howard Jr (104) in 1995. Glenorchy's Queensland recruit Simon Byrne got 99 in the same season.
I remember hearing once it was about 99.70-something!

Shouldn't have too many troubles getting 100 unless he gets a longterm injury or suspension.

Byron Howard Jr (104) in 1995. Glenorchy's Queensland recruit Simon Byrne got 99 in the same season.
I remember hearing once it was about 99.70-something!
Far out he had some shots. Buddy Franklin like!

Far out he had some shots. Buddy Franklin like!

Absolutely! A lot of opposition players used to stir him right up and roar at him "Don't miss!", "Quinlan!" and "Superboot!" when he was shooting for goal.
He was kinda like the ultimate flat track bully, used to dominate like no other against the s**t teams in the old statewide league (and there were plenty of those) but used to go missing completely against the top teams, kicked a few 15's, 14's and 13's and the Statewide League record of 17.9 at Youngtown that year.
Also used to be a notoriously unreliable kick at goal, was like Richo.
That 17.9 had two out on the full too, and he not only missed Hudson's record by one goal but missed the ton - by one goal.
The Pies were a bit like that in the mid-90's actually, belt the poor teams but rarely beat the top teams and would generally just miss the five but have reasonable percentage.

Dale Hall had 88.60-something in Hobart's last premiership year (1999).

What is it with you and the TCA ? Both the TCA and North Hobart grounds are run by those dildo's the Hobart City Council. They would be better off at Bellerive.

Absolutely! A lot of opposition players used to stir him right up and roar at him "Don't miss!", "Quinlan!" and "Superboot!" when he was shooting for goal.
He was kinda like the ultimate flat track bully, used to dominate like no other against the s**t teams in the old statewide league (and there were plenty of those) but used to go missing completely against the top teams, kicked a few 15's, 14's and 13's and the Statewide League record of 17.9 at Youngtown that year.
Also used to be a notoriously unreliable kick at goal, was like Richo.
That 17.9 had two out on the full too, and he not only missed Hudson's record by one goal but missed the ton - by one goal.
The Pies were a bit like that in the mid-90's actually, belt the poor teams but rarely beat the top teams and would generally just miss the five but have reasonable percentage.
Dale Hall had 88.60-something in Hobart's last premiership year (1999).
17.9 is a massive day out. Was he a really good contested mark or just really good on the lead? A guy in our 2's the other day kicked 20.5. He's about 5'6 but just too quick for the guys playing 2's. The team kicked 50 goals so it's just a case of when there is a huge total kicked the FF normally kicks a huge bag. What did the pie's kick that day as a team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BearGrills16 said:
17.9 is a massive day out. Was he a really good contested mark or just really good on the lead? A guy in our 2's the other day kicked 20.5. He's about 5'6 but just too quick for the guys playing 2's. The team kicked 50 goals so it's just a case of when there is a huge total kicked the FF normally kicks a huge bag.

Oh from memory I think he could take a decent grab but was very good out on the lead moreso.
Back in those days there were a number of very poor teams in the TFL and their poor defensive structures couldn't handle him and he used to get away from his inexperienced opponents too easily and get simple marks, laces out straight on the t its.
The Clarence's, Burnie's, North Launceston's and New Norfolk's at the time used to just drop back and clog up his space and spoil every single marking attempt when he was in a contest and he'd get frustrated and go off the boil.
Somedays though, if he did get the pill he'd simply kick point after point after point and he'd cop a dose of the Ian Baker-Finch's, the Pies didn't have a lot of other goal-kicking options in those days so it would make it difficult if he wasn't firing.
Interesting player though. I think he played in 1995-96 for Glenorchy.
BearGrills16 said:
What did the pie's kick that day as a team?
Saturday, 5 August 1995.
Glenorchy 26.26 (182) to Sth Launceston 9.8 (62) in front of only 518 people at Youngtown.
This was a week after South got smashed with injuries and had to face a rampant Nth Launceston who belted an all-time TFL record 47.14 (296) past them! Including at one stage, 26 straight goals.
Incredibly, South beat Hobart at Bellerive the following week :eek:

Oh from memory I think he could take a decent grab but was very good out on the lead moreso.
Back in those days there were a number of very poor teams in the TFL and their poor defensive structures couldn't handle him and he used to get away from his inexperienced opponents too easily and get simple marks, laces out straight on the t its.
The Clarence's, Burnie's, North Launceston's and New Norfolk's at the time used to just drop back and clog up his space and spoil every single marking attempt when he was in a contest and he'd get frustrated and go off the boil.
Somedays though, if he did get the pill he'd simply kick point after point after point and he'd cop a dose of the Ian Baker-Finch's, the Pies didn't have a lot of other goal-kicking options in those days so it would make it difficult if he wasn't firing.
Interesting player though. I think he played in 1995-96 for Glenorchy.
Where did he play before and after those years at Glenorchy? I just love hearing story's of guy's that could control a game from FF. Budgie on 54 now after only 8 games! Just a matter of time before he gets it. I wouldn't mind having the week off footy that week just to watch it lol

Seem to recall the story at the time being he'd got to 99 and then finished the game with 5 or 6 behinds didn't he?

I'm not sure Barge, sounds like something he would do though :D
I do recall the day at Youngtown when he got 17.9 and missed Hudson's record though.
ABC Radio kept crossing to Dreams Wilkinson as Byrne was closing in on the record, and I can remember the exasperated groans from Wilkinson as Byrne missed two or three late chances to equal it and then beat it.
From memory, Glenorchy were constantly looking for Byrne at every single opportunity and he missed twice and put another out on the full from close range in the last ten minutes.
Had close to 30 shots at goal that day! Unbelievable.

On Hudson's record, Mal Pascoe was coaching Hobart at the time and went ballistic at the amount of free kicks Hudson got from right in front that day, at least eight of the eighteen were from frees dead in front, no more than 15m out.

BearGrills16 said:
Where did he play before and after those years at Glenorchy? I just love hearing story's of guy's that could control a game from FF. Budgie on 54 now after only 8 games! Just a matter of time before he gets it. I wouldn't mind having the week off footy that week just to watch it lol
I knew he came from Queensland, so I googled it and it appears he played for Mayne Tigers in the QAFL before he came to Glenorchy.
He was the leading goalkicker in the QAFL in 1993 (70 goals).
Played 1995 and 1996 at the Pies then went to suburban footy in Melbourne after that.
On his day he was awesome, but very inconsistant.
Geappen's done extremely well :thumbsu:
54.50 hey KP21?
I remember he dropped 8.6 against us at the TCA, should've kicked at least 12 that day too.

Geappen's done extremely well :thumbsu:
54.50 hey KP21?
I remember he dropped 8.6 against us at the TCA, should've kicked at least 12 that day too.

this from the same guy who was heard to inform a former Devils coach that he should be kicking out from full back instead of Littlejohn because "I am a better kick" If he kicks straight he will kick 300 at the rate he is going, only bloke I have seen with ice on his shins from poor kicking;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back