Teams Buffalo Bills - The Stampede

Remove this Banner Ad

I trust Beane and McDermott's judgement more than the Big Footy draft thread group think. Let it all pan out before criticising and ignore the people who scout from their PC with one hand in the tissue box.

Agree wholeheartedly
But this wasn’t just the view of the forum people, also of many so called experts, not that I pay too much heed.

I trust the process for sure.
Just going to be a bitter pill if Allen isn’t the guy.
I really hope he is.

Not happy ATM with this pick 7.

But I wasn't happy when we traded Watkins, Darby etc.

I know it's cliche, but I gotta trust me the process!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was watching his throwing vids from the combine and they were tugging each other over him.

Huge arm, looks good and is huge...but the stats and highlights don't lie.

I want a big ben

Was watching his throwing vids from the combine and they were tugging each other over him.

Huge arm, looks good and is huge...but the stats and highlights don't lie.

I want a big ben

For your sake I hope he's more like Wentz than Paxton Lynch

For your sake I hope he's more like Wentz than Paxton Lynch

To be fair, you just don't know.

I reckon he is poorer than Lynch in a Big Ben frame, but he might get lucky with a few throws early and confidence could do wonders for him.

It's a bust from me

To be fair, you just don't know.

I reckon he is poorer than Lynch in a Big Ben frame, but he might get lucky with a few throws early and confidence could do wonders for him.

It's a bust from me
It'll depend on how well AJ does the bridge job.
Allen would benefit from a year learning the ropes. He'll also have a chip on his shoulder about not going top 5
For your sake don't compare Allen's college production with Wentz.

That ship has sailed. I already know we'll be cursing not drafting Wentz for a long time. Ditto Big Ben all those years aog

My only complaint is that we gave up too much for both players.

Could have given 12, 53 and 96 for Allen.

Then 22 and 56 for Edmunds.

We would still have pick 65.

Still, we potentially have two very good players.

2560029.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edmunds at #16 :p

I dont care what you gave up for him, the kid is going to be an absolute beast in this league for years to come. 10 year MLB with hall of fame potential. I do that trade a million times over. Much better deal than what the Saints gave up for Davenport.

If Allen can fulfil his potential Bene and McDermott are kings.

Your three first rounders over the past two years; Allen, Edmunds and White. Every possibility those three guys are franchise changers. Sky is the limit.

Edmunds at #16 :p

I dont care what you gave up for him, the kid is going to be an absolute beast in this league for years to come. 10 year MLB with hall of fame potential. I do that trade a million times over. Much better deal than what the Saints gave up for Davenport.

If Allen can fulfil his potential Bene and McDermott are kings.

Your three first rounders over the past two years; Allen, Edmunds and White. Every possibility those three guys are franchise changers. Sky is the limit.

Yup 100% agree. This is why it wasn't going to be worth going up to #2 because we would have gutted our draft stocks.

Don’t agree with this article http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23331197/2018-nfl-draft-breaking-aced-all-trades-round-1

Ravens send: Picks 16, 154
Bills send: Picks: 22, 65
Johnson chart: $1.02
Stuart chart: $1.18

The deal for Virginia tech linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, on the other hand, saw the Bills pay a premium figure for a talented player who profiles as an off-ball linebacker for Buffalo. By the Stuart chart, the Bills sent the equivalent of a top-seven pick to the Ravens, which is a staggering amount for a position (inside/nickel linebacker) the league generally doesn't value with premium money or draft assets.

While it was a previous administration, the Bills made an aggressive move for a similar player in the recent past when they traded two picks to move up and grab Reggie Ragland in the second round of the 2016 draft. Ragland tore his ACL and then wasn't a fit in Sean McDermott's scheme, causing the Bills to trade Ragland for a conditional fourth-round pick without him ever taking a snap in Buffalo.

Edmunds likely won't suffer that sort of fate, and McDermott built his defense around the likes of Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis in Carolina, but if there's any position the Bills should be able to develop talent at for relatively cheap, it should be linebacker. McDermott and Brandon Beane inherited a team bereft of young talent after years of poor drafts under Doug Whaley; while the 19-year-old Edmunds could turn out to be a superstar, this was too much to pay for a coverage linebacker given their holes elsewhere on the roster

Not to mention he is younger.
Not to mention majority of mocks had him around the #10 mark, so to get him for 'pick 7' isn't really that far off regardless.
https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/article/2018/04/23/tremaine-edmunds-nfl-draft-projections/

Yep, 19yo, taller, huge reach. He hasn't scratched the surface of what he will become. Ragland was pretty much a finished product coming out of college.

Just because they both play MLB, doesn't mean they are alike.

I wonder what this bloke thought when Carolina drafted Kuechly when we had Jon Beason on the roster. "Carolina had bigger needs, drafting a HOF is a waste of time" :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back