Teams Buffalo Bills - The Stampede

(Log in to remove this ad.)

samFFC

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Apart from a mad minute at the end of the first half we win 42-3.

Allen responsible for 319 yards and 5 TDs.

Zay looks good. That young fella Kyle Williams looked a good receiver too!

Edmunds looks ready to be the heart of the defense.

Huge day! Congrats Kyle, wishing you all the very best.

Pick #9 next year and we roll on!

samFFC

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC East x2 - probably a good thing!

NFC East - who tf knows - could be 5-1 could be 1-5

AFC North - tricky.

@ Titans, Home Broncos - not bad.

Obviously there will be changes in power rankings but we avoid the top records in AFC (KC, LAC) and NFC (NOS, LAR, CHI) which is nice.

samFFC

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
We won't win a game.

We are absolutely terrible. The O-Line is abortable. Secondary is non existent.

We will throw Peterman to the wolves again and protect Allen from becoming Xavier Laflamme when Ross the Boss Rhea ended his confidence
Thanks for one of many funny takes over the course of the season. I'm glad we fell somewhere ahead of your estimations !! :)

Agreed tho you'll win 5 or 6 tops
Good call

For week 1 I pledge to put the “53rd man” as my avatar ie whoever is just holding onto their spot.
Got Ray Ray - good call

Overall, my thoughts are:

• Yes Buffalo over performed last year so you can expect some regression to the mean.
  • The defence was very strong last year, and is bolstered by greater experience for guys like White/Hyde/Poyer, as well as bolstering the D with starters and depth players like Lotulelei, Edmunds, Murphy, Phillips and not really losing anyone. So theoretically could be a top 10 defence.
  • WR was our major weakness last year and has been bolstered somewhat with new additions and more experience for Zay Jones.
  • Offensive line will struggle with losing three starters, and will be our weakest area, and could hamper the overall performance of the O (and subsequently the D). But with some additions, or some over performance, they could be decent.

I can see the ups and downs roughly averaging out, and the regression to the mean pushing us back to 7 or 8 wins.
After the first three games, we aren't exactly playing superstar defences who will put massive pressure on the O line, other than the Jags. So if we grab a win in the first 3, I can see roughly .500 from there on, which would land around that 7-8 win mark.
If Allen plays the whole season we likely go 7-9, so gonna make this a good call too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

samFFC

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bills have fired three minor coaches - ST, WR and OL, which were pretty much the team's three major weak spots this year. Not sure I'd blame the coaching but it's starting anew with players and coaching personnel in 2019.

Top Bottom