Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Bills definitely need pass rushing weapons, you can have the greatest secondary in the league but if you can't put pressure on the opposing QB, they have no chance. Should be priority 1, 2 and 3 this off-season.

Wasn't that supposed to be AJ Epenesa this season?

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Bills definitely need pass rushing weapons, you can have the greatest secondary in the league but if you can't put pressure on the opposing QB, they have no chance. Should be priority 1, 2 and 3 this off-season.
Singletary looked good last year. Not convinced he's terrible. Game plan seemed to change a lot to Josh or bust this year. Need to get back to running the football more often. Hard for a running back to get any sort of momentum or form if you're only giving them 5 or so carries a game.

Agree to some extent but RB still needs to be a priority.

Wasn't that supposed to be AJ Epenesa this season?

Yea, some rookie des take a while to develop though, meant more about a veteran presence in free agency. Hughes and Addison ain't going to get it done. Shame about Mario, thought he'd have a far bigger impact for the Bills this year than he did.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Drafting rbs three drafts in a row would worry the sh*t out of me.

3rd rounders in 19 and 20 though?

Yea, some rookie des take a while to develop though, meant more about a veteran presence in free agency. Hughes and Addison ain't going to get it done. Shame about Mario, thought he'd have a far bigger impact for the Bills this year than he did.

I agree we need to draft D-Line as we've spent a lot of $$ there already so can't afford more FA there. Must come via draft. But we also need a RB.

Proud of the way the guys played. They gave it a good go and were ultimately just not quite good enough against a Chiefs team that barely did a thing wrong after quarter time.

The biggest surprise to me was how good the Chiefs secondary was. But does that all get back to the fact that they specifically targeted that (just like we targeted Lamar the week before) because our running game is almost constantly a lock for 2-3 yards; no more, no less.

I must admit that Singletary disappointed me this season. I thought that with just natural improvement, he'd get to 1,000 yards during the regular season... So to see him actually take a step back of 88 yards (despite 5 more carries) was significant.

I do wonder if Zack Moss being fit might have made more difference, but I doubt it. Personally, if anything, I would have liked Antonio Williams to be used, as there's something a bit more risk-reward about his running imo.

I don't understand? If not convinced by Singletary or Moss we haven't wasted picks, and can load up again.

Absolutely you've wasted picks. I'm saying the system /play calling is the current issue. You give any running back 5 or 6 carries a game and it doesn't matter who you have. They aren't going to be a 1000 yard rusher.

Singletary carried for 4.4 yards an attempt this year, anyone would think he was going at 2.5 a carry the way you're carrying on?

5.1 in his rookie year.

Zack Moss 4.3 per carry this year.

Efficiency isn't the issue, the amount of touches is.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Singletary carried for 4.4 yards an attempt this year, anyone would think he was going at 2.5 a carry the way you're carrying on?

5.1 in his rookie year.

Zack Moss 4.3 per carry this year.

Efficiency isn't the issue, the amount of touches is.

I like both of them. Those stats are better against weaker opponents. Need RBs for the big games, especially as Allen will need to continue to run less as time goes by.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We just got outclassed by a better unit , only thing I was a bit disappointed with was I felt we played safe and conservative when we got behind.

What a season though , loved every minute of it and now have genuine excitement and expectation from here on in .
Far better then hoping for 4-5 wins and not getting bent over by the Pats twice a season.

Swan4Life

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
3rd rounders in 19 and 20 though?

I agree we need to draft D-Line as we've spent a lot of $$ there already so can't afford more FA there. Must come via draft. But we also need a RB.

Not necessarily....Star could come back and some FAs will be shown the door, which will free up cap space.

If there is one guy I trust to make roster improvements it is Beane.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bills signed WR Jake Kumerow, OT Trey Adams, TE Nate Becker, DT Brandin Bryant, DE Bryan Cox Jr., WR Tanner Gentry, CB Dane Jackson, DE Mike Love, S Josh Thomas, RB Christian Wade, QB Davis Webb, RB Antonio Williams and WR Duke Williams to reserve/future contracts.
Folk hero Kumerow made six 2020 appearances, catching precisely one pass for one of the league's deeper receiver corps. Naturally, it was a 22-yard touchdown. Kumerow has hinted at big-play bonafides for years, but one month shy of his 29th birthday, his NFL door is about closed.
Jan 26, 2021, 4:53 PM ET

Moss recently had a cast removed from his surgically repaired ankle, Matthew Fairburn of The Athletic reports. Analysis: Moss injuring his ankle in the wild-card round of the playoffs and had surgery in mid-January to repair a ruptured tendon. He should complete his rehab before training camp, but his medical history is already a concern, with Moss mentioning that he's played through a slew of injuries since the start of his collegiate career. There's also the possibility of Buffalo adding backfield competition this offseason, as neither Moss nor Devin Singletary was impressive in 2020.

Back