Teams Buffalo Bills - The Stampede

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from a mad minute at the end of the first half we win 42-3.

Allen responsible for 319 yards and 5 TDs.

Zay looks good. That young fella Kyle Williams looked a good receiver too!

Edmunds looks ready to be the heart of the defense.

Huge day! Congrats Kyle, wishing you all the very best.

Pick #9 next year and we roll on!

48418324_10156694245305659_8205026185642508288_n.jpg

AFC East x2 - probably a good thing!

NFC East - who tf knows - could be 5-1 could be 1-5

AFC North - tricky.

@ Titans, Home Broncos - not bad.

Obviously there will be changes in power rankings but we avoid the top records in AFC (KC, LAC) and NFC (NOS, LAR, CHI) which is nice.

We won't win a game.

We are absolutely terrible. The O-Line is abortable. Secondary is non existent.

We will throw Peterman to the wolves again and protect Allen from becoming Xavier Laflamme when Ross the Boss Rhea ended his confidence

Thanks for one of many funny takes over the course of the season. I'm glad we fell somewhere ahead of your estimations !! :)

Agreed tho you'll win 5 or 6 tops

Good call

For week 1 I pledge to put the “53rd man” as my avatar ie whoever is just holding onto their spot.

Got Ray Ray - good call

Overall, my thoughts are:

• Yes Buffalo over performed last year so you can expect some regression to the mean.
  • The defence was very strong last year, and is bolstered by greater experience for guys like White/Hyde/Poyer, as well as bolstering the D with starters and depth players like Lotulelei, Edmunds, Murphy, Phillips and not really losing anyone. So theoretically could be a top 10 defence.
  • WR was our major weakness last year and has been bolstered somewhat with new additions and more experience for Zay Jones.
  • Offensive line will struggle with losing three starters, and will be our weakest area, and could hamper the overall performance of the O (and subsequently the D). But with some additions, or some over performance, they could be decent.

I can see the ups and downs roughly averaging out, and the regression to the mean pushing us back to 7 or 8 wins.
After the first three games, we aren't exactly playing superstar defences who will put massive pressure on the O line, other than the Jags. So if we grab a win in the first 3, I can see roughly .500 from there on, which would land around that 7-8 win mark.

If Allen plays the whole season we likely go 7-9, so gonna make this a good call too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bills have fired three minor coaches - ST, WR and OL, which were pretty much the team's three major weak spots this year. Not sure I'd blame the coaching but it's starting anew with players and coaching personnel in 2019.

ST and OL have been replaced
No strong opinions either good or bad from what I can see. Seem to be solid choices.

Bills the third favourite to land Antonio Brown.

Would be interested to hear others’ thoughts. Do we really think it would be bad for growing “culture” especially given controversy around players like Incognito, McCoy, Josh Allen etc?

He just doesn't seem to be a good fit for the Bills. But I've only really followed the Bills this year so I don't have much of an understanding of previous cultural issues.

He just doesn't seem to be a good fit for the Bills. But I've only really followed the Bills this year so I don't have much of an understanding of previous cultural issues.

Yeah it’s hard to say really. Steelers seem to have gone a bit off the rails in recent months. Not sure if that is management or players.
Always weary of saying someone doesn’t fit a culture when we don’t know much about the specific, and also that a player could change their stripes anyway.

Not at all directed at you but talking culture, it Often it sounds like a reason to avoid picking an outspoken black person which sits uneasily.

Interesting times!

We should ditch McCoy and Clay and defo go Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell.

Pay them what they want.

Which would be first priority?

Yeah it’s hard to say really. Steelers seem to have gone a bit off the rails in recent months. Not sure if that is management or players.
Always weary of saying someone doesn’t fit a culture when we don’t know much about the specific, and also that a player could change their stripes anyway.

Not at all directed at you but talking culture, it Often it sounds like a reason to avoid picking an outspoken black person which sits uneasily.

Interesting times!

Which would be first priority?
Brown

Watched McCoy on First Take.

They really slammed him with the assault/heist questions. We should dump him

Didn't see it - but you didn't think he was truthful?

Nevertheless probably is time to go regardless. Either he or Ivory stays as RB2 or RB3. And probably Ivory.

On that note, here is a very early 2019 Bills depth chart:

I don't know a lot about the Defence depth so could be wrong, but in essence, takeaways would be:
-most of offense is not sorted except QB and LT. Needs significant drafting and free agency
-most of defense is sorted except starting DT and a second corner back (not sure Wallace will continue at that level next year). Hence would draft a DT to replace Williams.
-special teams could be completely revamped if Hauschka isn't up to starting next season (hope he will be!)

Didn't see it - but you didn't think he was truthful?

Nevertheless probably is time to go regardless. Either he or Ivory stays as RB2 or RB3. And probably Ivory.
I see his IG with the kid...that kid loves him. Not sure he's beating him...so it's probably bullshit

Locked On Bills discussed Guards and Centres today: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/locked-on-bills/id1145479962?mt=2&i=1000428595213

In summary:
Guards
-Teller - keep, pushing for LG starting role
-Ducasse - unlikely to keep him and Miller, keep only as backup, likely keep for a season then UFA
-Miller - backup, likely to be traded/released
-Boettger - maybe

Centre
-Groy - trade/release
-Bodine - consider pushing for starting role

Overall not a lot of optimism with current bunch, but good draft options likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back