Buffett has $150b in cash in reserve, Richmond has 8, 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2021/2022

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
I think the football world is sleeping on the enormous amount of draft capital just waiting to be deployed by the Richmond Football club

A team that has won 3 of the last 5 flags should not be in this position, and it is a credit to both Blair and Clarke.

Richmond has 7,15, 26,27,28 in 2021, and in 2022, it has our first round pick and our second round pick, and also Pick 20

This capital will be deployed, if the right opportunity arises, the options are plenty.

Lets however start with an assumption.

The assumption is that Blair and Clarke know what they are doing, and that they rate players correctly.

If that's true, then it is also true, that in theory at least, any outliers, any great opportunity as far as players slipping, or value appearing, can be swooped up by us.

For example

If at Pick 11, 12 someone we rate is available. If we really rate them, we can get that pick, we can throw 15+26, if we really really want them, we can add 15+26+27

If they want next years pick, we can do that as well, or a combination of the above, the flexibility is unique, the options almost endless

No club has more draft capital to draw on than us, its almost a monopoly position.

Watch this space, I think we will start flexing our muscles starting tonight.

In Blair we trust

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
They would have banned me, and then sent it to Bay 13

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road